Senior Account Executive
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our motorsports team at Octagon: we are currently seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Account Executive to support in the planning and delivery of one of our key client’s partnership with a prominent Formula 1 team.
The role requires understanding of brand partnerships, as well as excellent account management skills. Agency experience would be beneficial.
Supported by a Group Director and Account Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the global management of a blue chip brand and F1 team partnership, including associated rights, global and regional activations, and customer experiences at races and the team headquarters.
If you have strong account and partnership management skills, are a real team player, and are passionate about motorsport, this could be the role for you.
Client Services & Partnership/Account Management
- Global and local client relationships coordination, including day-to-day account management, project management, and internal team liaison
- Day-to-day account administration including ownership of status documents, meeting agendas/reporting, etc.
- Rights holder relationship coordination, including on- and off-track assets usage and approvals
- Support with global partnership strategy execution
- Creation and management of toolkits and marketing assets
- Development of customer hosting programmes and bespoke events
- Support with the internal agency creative process and content creation workstreams
- Support with financial management including (but not limited to) vendor research and set-up, raising POs, and creating, tracking and reconciling budgets
- Coordination with other global Octagon account teams to ensure efficiencies and best practices across regions
- Proactive thinking to foresee issues and propose solutions before they arise
Hospitality & Event Management
- Program development of customer experiences at Formula 1 races and partner headquarters, including (but not limited to) tickets/access, transport, accommodation, gifting, etc.
- Event planning and delivery, including (but not limited to) scheduling, logistics, health and safety, insurance, creative and design, live production, and briefing documentation providing in-depth brand relevant content and insight
- Coordination of rights holder appearances at key global events throughout the year
- On-site event attendance and programme delivery
- Development of pre- and post-event reporting
- Support with other agency/motorsport account events, where appropriate
This could be for you if:
- You have a passion for motorsports, with knowledge, experience, and understanding of the landscape – particularly Formula 1 rights holders, teams, suppliers, and logistics
- You have experience managing brand partnerships and helping clients derive maximum value them
- You have experience with on-site event management and execution within sport, ideally in Formula 1
- You have outstanding organisation, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- You have strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, and produce quality work within deadlines
- You’re a natural at building relationships with just about anyone at any level in an organisation
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges
- You are patient, level headed, and cool under pressure
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and projects
- You are a real team player
- You are willing to work weekends, holidays, and non-traditional hours, as required
- You have excellent computer skills – mastery of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
We’re pleased to offer wide range of benefits, including (but not limited) to the following:
- Core benefits (available from start date) – flexible holiday allowance, AXA private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension scheme with 4.5% employer contribution, Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible benefits (available after probation) – Gymflex, dental insurance, travel insurance, health cash plan, Cycle scheme, interest-free season ticket loans
- A Flexible Workplace – we have a number of initiatives in place to ensure that our team have the flexibility to balance work with their lives, this includes flexible holiday allowance and flexible working options
- We also run a number of internal programmes to support physical and mental wellbeing, alongside learning and development opportunities to support career development and progression
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
How we see the world:
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.