Event Executive, Partner Marketing (Payment Services Client)
THE JOB / Event Executive, Partner Marketing (Payment Services Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a priority given to candidates open to hybrid work (2-3 days a week in office) in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates with East Coast working hours as a prerequisite.***
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the Partner Marketing Team in managing and uploading client assets in the consumer platform while supporting their key travel partner. The day-to-day includes management of client assets for individual programs, coordinating event and activation logistics, assisting in execution of programs and daily client communications. While you’re coordinating these programs, you’ll assist in brainstorming new programs to drive our clients’ partner marketing objectives.
If you are looking for an opportunity to manage, plan, and support events and activations of all sizes- alongside a team who finds the fun in the uncertainty, this position is for you.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Facilitate the building, uploading, and tracking of all client assets on the consumer platform
- Manage materials related to individual events, including but not limited to: invitations, digital programs, ordering of premiums
- Provide support on event programming; from initial brainstorm through execution (on-site and virtual) and wrap-up
- Assist in day-to-day client and partner communications across multiple programs
- Participate in developing tailored experiential event strategic plans
- Assist in numerous projects simultaneously, both large-scale custom experiences and smaller-scale events
- Create and foster relationships with internal and external partners as well as outside vendors and properties
- Facilitate program budgets and be diligent in all accounting and expense procedures
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion and expertise in experiential program management
- Payment services industry and travel/airline industry knowledge, along with an enjoyment of creative writing are a plus
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience within an asset management setting and direct ownership or lead responsibilities over a project
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Attentiveness to detail and strong organizational skills
- A can-do demeanor and a desire to succeed
- An excellent project manager and ability to handle multiple programs simultaneously
- Solid examples of your success in building strong client relationships
- Budget management and/or reconciliation experience
- The desire to supervise, manage and mentor more junior employees
- An interest in many verticals including, golf, culinary, entertainment, team sports and health & wellness
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and flexibility to travel domestically (10%) and work weekends or holidays as needed
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.