Octagon is global creative agency in sports, entertainment, and culture, dedicated to delivering high-quality client services, and fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment. As such, we are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Assistant Business Manager/Financial Planning & Analysis Assistant to join our team.
Reporting into the Business Manager, the successful applicant will work closely with the Motorsports Client Team and the UK Finance Director to support various business functions, streamline operations, and contribute to the overall success of the company. As part of this role, the following responsibilities will be included:
Assistant Business Manager
Working directly with the Motorsport client teams, the role of the Assistant Business Manager will include:
- Billing Management – ensuring the Finance Assistant is raising and billing client invoices in a timely manner, to effectively manage the working capital cycle.
- Parked List Management – reviewing the parked payable invoice list and working with the junior members of the client teams to ensure vendor invoices are processed, and all billable costs are accounted for.
- Purchase Order (PO) Approval – review all Motorsport related POs, ensuring due diligence is done (checking if vendor agreements are in place, ensuring sufficient budget available on jobs, etc.) before approving.
- Work-In-Progress (WIP) Management – overseeing all Motorsports WIP, working closely with the Finance Assistant to ensure jobs are reconciled and closed promptly on completion.
- Client Reconciliation – maintain overall responsibility for weekly/monthly client reconciliation reports, ensuring timely information is shared with client leads to inform decision making.
- Debtors – reviewing the debtors report and supporting the Finance Assistant when following-up with client leads to resolve outstanding issues and queries.
- Month-End Revenue Queries – support the Senior Business Manager with any compliance queries relating to Motorsport clients during month-end revenue reconciliation.
- Ad-hoc Client Team Requests – working with the Finance Assistant to ensure any ad-hoc client team requests are addressed and resolved satisfactorily.
- Process Improvement – be encouraged to share any suggestions to overall process improvement, with a view to improving working efficiency.
Working with the UK Finance Director, the role of the FP&A Assistant will include:
- Profitability Reporting – Provide monthly profitability reports, looking at both Client and Departmental profitability.
- Resource Tracking - Assist in bi-weekly consolidation of departmental resource tracker.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Professional finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) – part-qualified
- Proficient Microsoft Excel user – ability to use SUMIFs, VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, etc.
- Effective communication skills across various stakeholder levels.
- Effective time management and ability to manage deadlines accordingly.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously.
- Keen participant in company initiatives.
Preferred, but not necessary:
- Degree in accounting and/or finance, or related field.
- Experience using SAP
- Experience working for a global company
We’re pleased to offer wide range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Full Study Support
- Core benefits (available from start date) – unlimited holiday allowance, AXA private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension scheme with 4.5% employer contribution, Employee Assistance Programme, Perkbox
- Flexible benefits (available after probation) – Gymflex, dental insurance, travel insurance, health cash plan, Cyclescheme, interest-free season ticket loans
- A Flexible Workplace – we have a number of initiatives in place to ensure that our team have the flexibility to balance work with their lives, this includes unlimited holiday and flexible working options.
- We also run a number of internal programmes to support physical and mental wellbeing, alongside learning and development opportunities to support career development and progression.
We’re the global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it. Attention is either bought or it’s earned. Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience listens to what you're saying. At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.