Senior Event Executive, Hospitality (Global Sports Sponsorships) (Financial Services Client)
THE JOB / Senior Event Executive, Financial Services Client (Global Sports Sponsorships)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters is in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position is in Charlotte, N.C.
Love developing events and unique experiences? Are you passionate about hospitality and hosting? Love solving problems and bringing large-scale experiences to life? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
But what will I do? Glad you asked. You’ll support a team in developing innovative experiential activations for our client’s Global Sports Sponsorships programming. You’ll work closely with the Account Managers to support the program development, planning documents, and onsite execution of various upscale hospitality programs that are aligned across properties such as the NFL, MLB, and PGA TOUR! The ideal candidate will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, delivering a collection of hosting and hospitality experiences across a spectrum of sports, entertainment, and culture platforms.
Still with us? Cool. Because we need a star employee to join our team. The right candidate is one who thrives in a team environment, has a passion for learning and getting better every day, creating cool experiences, thrives in a dynamic pace, loves details and takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done. You will be reporting to the Account Manager.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist with event planning, ticket management, onsite activation and post-event wrap-up for various hospitality programs
- Support day-to-day team functions to help the team succeed
- Serve as point-person for on-the-ground activation
- Prepare important event documents including event guides, itineraries, meeting notes and post-event recaps
- Coordinate projects with vendors and internal Octagon resources
- Effectively facilitate communication between clients and partners
- Work with vendors to secure merchandise and other event services/supplies
- Become a trusted resource for clients
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of financial service client’s sponsorship portfolio and business initiatives
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: assistance on other events/programs, competitive research, POVs, property research, etc.
- A moderate amount of domestic event travel will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for hospitality, entertainment, and celebrity & lifestyle culture
- A passion for events/experiences, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events
- 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Truly believe that no job is too small or too big
- Have a can-do demeanor and desire to succeed and learn
- A standout colleague who wants to know what others are working on and also wants to help
- Enjoys coming up with fun ideas and bringing them to life
- Are curious, coachable and determined to learn in a fast-paced work environment
- A sense of humor and the ability to tell a good story (we like to laugh)
- Thrives under pressure and are exceptional at problem solving and offering creative solutions
- A go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and takes-on new challenges
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Communicates effectively, both oral and written with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend and domestic travel
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Compensation + Benefits:
- L2: This position pays $50,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.