Start date: From November 2, 2023
Salary: € Competitive
Reports to: Group Director
We are thrilled to be looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly motivated Account Manager to manage the development and execution of activation and guest programmes for one of our key clients. Working across leading European sports and entertainment sponsorship events, this could be the perfect role for you if you have exceptional project management skills, are a real team player and have an interest in working with a regional activation and hospitality team across two of Europe’s premier sports and entertainment partnerships.
This could be the perfect role for you if you have outstanding client service and project management skills, are a real team player and have an interest in working with a local, regional and global team.
A love of sports and particularly tennis is not a prerequisite – a passionate marketer is our priority – but this could also be great opportunity for you to apply your personal interests and passions to your work.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Day-to-day account management of one of the agencies’ longest standing global clients
- Day to day lead for the European client for the Roland-Garros Hospitality program incl. hosting guests on-site for the duration of the event (B2B, B2C and senior client executives)
- Development of integrated marketing campaigns and consumer activations/promotions (creative, digital/social media, sales/merchant, cross- promotions with other sponsors, etc.)
- Liaison with the rights-holders (one of Europe’s premier tennis properties and one of the world’s premier entertainment resorts)
- Support liaison between the local team and their global and European counterparts
- Assist with developing any approved strategy into a sustainable and effective platform (e.g. assist with moving strategy into planning and activation stage)
- Collaboration across multiple departments and with the client’s marketing and business units to develop hosting programs, incl. restaurants, hotels, local experiences, gifting, merchandise, etc.
- Delivery, management and execution of big event activation and/or hospitality programmes
- Creative utilization and delivery of sponsorship assets
- Preparation of status and meeting reports, operational briefings and reporting documentation
- Ensuring client budgets are well managed, tracked, reconciled and invoiced on time
- Line management responsibility for junior staff
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT RIGHT MOVE IF:
- You thrive as part of a big team
- You enjoy working with humans and taking care of them while delivering on our clients’ hosting program.
- You have an affinity for high end hospitality programs, are a foodie or keen traveler with an understanding of various cultures and their needs
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You enjoy a clear two-year pathway to sink your teeth into a global and European project
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation
- You pay attention to the detail
- You can think strategically, globally, and long term
- You are adaptable to working remotely, with people in different countries and continents
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative, incremental solutions to challenges
- You can collaborate across marketing disciplines, departments, and time zones
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO HAVE:
- Bi-lingual proficiency (French and English)
- Experience or knowledge of working with sponsorship properties (hospitality events or traditional event activations)
- Previous work on activation and hosting programs in tennis or financial services would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Solid agency experience working in a similar role
- Major event experience would be a bonus
- High level PowerPoint Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally.
- An ability to connect with people from various backgrounds, cultures and an ability to handle high end B2B clients and B2C guests equally.
SOME BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OCTAGON:
- Flexible workplace policies
- 12 days RTT per year
- Restaurant card for 10€/day
- 50% coverage of the transport ticket (Pass Navigo and/or Vélib subscription)
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.