Experiential Manager, Multicultural Marketing (Motorsports Client)
THE JOB / Experiential Manager, Multicultural Marketing (Motorsports Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a priority given to candidates open to hybrid work (2-3 days week in office) in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates with East Coast working hours as a prerequisite.****
The Experiential Manager will work closely with leaders of the account team to support the overall development and activation of multicultural events for a motorsports client. This position will lead aspects of large festival and at-track hospitality events targeting African American and LatinX consumers on behalf of the client. The EM will work closely with the account team to plan, develop and manage the day-to-day work internally, as well as working with key players from the client team and other related partners and vendors. The EM will have project management responsibilities and be required to work as part of a team while also having the ability to solve problems independently. The primary relationship/sponsorship partners will include NASCAR race teams, automotive manufacturers, entertainers, local diverse vendors, and businesses.
The Experiential Manager will be responsible for:
- Working closely with partners and vendors to implement client events and promotions
- Managing execution of various event elements, from planning, to on-site set up, to tear down and recapping
- Handling experiential production assets for all events, which may include mobile trailer, signage, entertainment, audio/visual elements, and other consumer interactive elements
- Managing vendor partners, their agreements and the delivery of products and services for the event activation
- Working with local municipalities and vendors to source all event permits and insurance needs
- Leading regular ongoing communication and updates to the clients and property partners
- Working with the account team to manage, track and reconcile all event budgets
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Planning and execution of on-site activities, including but not limited to consumer-brand engagement, event hospitality, signage/branding, guest premiums and consumer experiences
- Management of on-site logistics and operations (i.e. mobile unit, simulators, security, racetrack experiences, shipping, accommodations, overall event run of show, etc.)
- Talent and artists management, including rider fulfillment
- Identify and manage all vendors associated with executing the overall projects/events including event production and all logistical needs
- Development of consumer activation plans and recaps
- Manage and develop master event run of show, including logistical coordination for vendor load-in/load-out, vendor set-up, stage programming, PR sessions, talent and all event elements
- Inventory management of all event materials (i.e. merchandise, signage assets, promotional elements, etc.)
- Lead on-site staff including oversight of Brand Ambassadors
- Liaison with internal Octagon teams and key client departments and client partners (advertising, media, online, etc.) for related programming elements
- Provide ongoing, monthly reconciliation of program expenses and budget updates for the client
- Support additional Octagon accounts and/or projects as needed
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Understanding of U.S. Multicultural markets with hands-on event management and execution experience, ideally with sports, entertainment, or grassroots cultural events
- Experience with planning and on-site execution of experiential events
- 4 – 6 years of related experience
- Knowledge of motorsports a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Experiences in document writing including status reports, recaps, industry/competitive analysis
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to run projects on strict timelines and budgets
- Strong influencing and social skills, to work effectively with clients, internal team leaders/members and partner vendors/agencies
- A keen sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Ability to maintain relationships with key vendors and partners (e.g. venues, properties, suppliers, etc.)
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to connect with consumers, potential consumers or fans in an event setting
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and work weekend/holidays as needed
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- Ability to learn to supervise, lead and mentor more junior limited-term employees
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
The base range for this position is $60,000 – 65,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.