Do you want to work with one of the world’s most iconic brands, competing in the pinnacle of motorsports? If so, read on…
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity to join our motorsports team at Octagon notably managing the client’s partnership within Formula 1. The role will also have a chance to support the wider motorsport account teams as we deliver event activation programmes throughout the season.
Who we’re looking for:
- A focused and performance driven individual, who can think on their feet, use initiative and be comfortable working in a global environment, under pressure, and to tight deadlines but within a team environment.
- You have an interest in motorsport, with a knowledge and understanding of the Formula 1 landscape, key events, teams, and drivers.
- You proactively take on initiatives and drive projects from conception to completion.
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to difficult challenges.
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You thrive on working on numerous projects at any one time.
- You have a flexible, ‘can-do’ attitude and can work occasionally on weekends.
You will be Responsible for:
- Supporting the Account Manager in the management, administration, and delivery of the client’s VIP motorsports programmes, with a focus on asset, partnership, and supplier management.
- Collaborating with the wider team in the delivery of complex VIP guest programmes and onsite delivery as required throughout the motorsport season.
- Assisting the Account Manager with day-to-day account and global stakeholder management.
- Account administration, assisting with the creation and delivery of status documents, client reporting, collateral, brand approvals, merchandise, programme logistics, asset management and travel management.
- Answer and assist on client, stakeholder, and guest inquiries.
- Support with the development and distribution of key stakeholder communications documents, templates, and season activation toolkits, including collateral and gifting.
- Onsite and/or remote event planning and delivery including client, guest and rights holder liaison, agency and supplier management, and team support, to deliver a first class hospitality experience at races across the globe.
- Research, coordination, and management of event suppliers including hotels, restaurants, transport, entertainment, and unique cultural activities.
- Provision of industry knowledge of motorsport, sport sponsorship, and the entertainment industry.
- Appropriate handling and communication of guest information and updates (transportation schedule, hotel, F&B, tickets, etc.)
- Creation and coordination of rooming lists, itineraries, run of show, and briefing packs.
- Providing financial account support with client budget, invoicing, tracking, PO creation and supplier payments.
- Collaboration across multiple departments including studio, creative, legal and finance.
- Assist in the creation of reports, such as quarterly account reviews, post event flash reports and the tracking of asset usage.
- Turning your hand to support the team deliver whichever motorsport event is coming up, doing it with a smile and learning on the way!
- There will be requirements for international travel to deliver programmes as and when required.
This could be your next right move if:
- You have a passion for Formula One and a career in Sports Marketing
- You have proven event experience with a track record of high attention to detail and organisational skills, staying focused on the task at hand ensuring nothing is missed.
- You communicate clearly. You can write well; you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly.
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation.
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments, and client’s additional agency partners.
- You like helping other people succeed. You enjoy teaching other people something and are a real team player.
- You enjoy your work taking you to different parts of the world.
You will also need to have:
- Great attention to detail and ability to pull together client facing documents quickly and accurately.
- High level Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally.
It’s not essential but will be advantageous if:
- You are fluent in any other languages particularly Spanish or French.
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.