We’ve got an exciting opportunity to join our motorsports team at Octagon: we are currently seeking a highly motivated Account Manager to lead and activate our technology client’s title partnership of a prominent Formula E team.
The role requires experience and understanding of brand partnerships, as well as excellent account management skills. Agency experience would be beneficial.
Supported by a Group Director and Account Director, the candidate will be responsible for leading the partnership relationship at a global level, as well as partnership assets and local and global client activities, including guest experiences at Formula E races.
If you have exceptional account and partnership management skills, this could be the role for you.
Client Services & Partnership/Account Management
- Management of global and local client relationships, day-to-day account management, project management, internal team coordination
- Management of partnership relationship including approvals and on and off-track assets
- Creation and management of toolkits and marketing assets
- Managing the internal agency creative process and supporting content creation workstreams
- Support the development of annual program strategy; driving through to execution
- Proactive thinking to foresee issues and propose solutions before they arise
- Financial management of invoices, vendor payments, budget tracking documents, and reporting and reconciliation on overall project finances
- Coordination with other global Octagon account teams to ensure efficiencies and standard methodologies across regions
- Reporting & optimisation of programme on an ongoing basis
Hospitality & Event Management
- Logistical planning of guest experiences at Formula E races, including (but not limited to) race tickets, garage tours, paddock experiences, team appearances, and business sessions.
- Event development including (but not limited to) scheduling, logistics, health and safety, insurance, creative production, and briefing documentation providing in-depth brand relevant content and insight
- Research, procure, and contract relevant third-party suppliers
- Financial account management including the creation of budgets, tracking, and reconciliation
- Development and delivery of pre- and post-event reporting
- On-site management of guests
This could be for you if:
- You have a passion for motorsports, with great knowledge, experience, and understanding of the landscape – particularly Formula E rights holders, teams, suppliers, and logistics
- You have experience managing brand partnerships and helping clients derive maximum value them
- You have experience with on-site event management and execution within motorsport, ideally in Formula E
- You have outstanding organisation, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- You have strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, and produce quality work within deadlines
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You’re a natural at building relationships with just about anyone at any level in an organisation
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and projects
- You are a real team player
- You have excellent computer skills – mastery of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You have staff management experience
- You are willing to work weekends, holidays, and non-traditional hours, as required
We’re pleased to offer wide range of benefits, including (but not limited) to the following:
- Core benefits (available from start date) – flexible holiday allowance, AXA private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension scheme with 4.5% employer contribution, Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible benefits (available after probation) – Gymflex, dental insurance, travel insurance, health cash plan, Cycle scheme, interest-free season ticket loans
- A Flexible Workplace – we have a number of initiatives in place to ensure that our team have the flexibility to balance work with their lives, this includes flexible holiday allowance and flexible working options
- We also run a number of internal programmes to support physical and mental wellbeing, alongside learning and development opportunities to support career development and progression
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
How we see the world:
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Have we got yours?
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.