Account Executive, Client Services (Home Improvement Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive, Home Improvement Client-Hometown Team
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team supporting our Home Improvement client’s divisional partnerships.
This position will allow the Account Executive to assist with the day-to-day management of the Atlanta Braves, Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Peachtree Road Race, College Football Hall of Fame, Georgia Aquarium, and additional client properties with a focus on event planning and execution. Key responsibilities will include vendor and partnership communication, operational and administrative duties of the account, hospitality, and event staffing!
The ideal candidate is organized, and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Please note, staffing onsite is required including nights, weekends, and holiday periods.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Planning, development, and execution of various on-site activities and operations (i.e., staffing, logistics, tracking, etc.)
- Writing event guidebooks, activation recaps and other event related documents
- Inventory management of event materials (i.e., premiums, signage assets, activation elements, etc.)
- Coordinate and lead on-site event operations and execution including event set-up and breakdown
- Manage event staffing including sourcing and on-site oversight of Brand Ambassadors
- Facilitate vendor engagements, including execution and management of any contracts and payments
- Event ticket inventory distribution and management
- Expense tracking and processing of POs, invoices and monthly finance reporting
- Support Account Manager on additional partnership management and activation execution
- Other related duties/projects as assigned including assisting in the development of all client results
- Assist account team in supporting day-to-day needs and projects
- Support the creation of detailed client presentations, activation plans and recap documents
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- 1-2 years of relevant sponsorship and/or agency experience
- Experience in event execution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently and proactively
- Become knowledgeable on the clients’ industry, brand and core business objectives
- Highly organized, phenomenal attention to detail, and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Willing to work weekends, nights and select holidays with non-traditional hours with a positive approach
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption..
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA), and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.