Account Executive, Experiential (Automotive Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive, Experiential (Automotive Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.***
Do you enjoy attending exciting events and love travel and adventure?
Do you have an eye for detail, always looking to for better, more efficient solutions?
If you are a quick study looking to jump start your career in creative experiential marketing, this opportunity is for you! Our team is searching for an Account Executive to join our band of innovative, passionate marketers. Simply put, we take creative ideas and bring them to life on-site at events and brand activations!
But what will I do? Glad you asked. You’ll be a key member of a collaborative team that plans and executes events for a new client on a few one-of-a-kind programs. You will create planning documents, work with partners and vendors, manage logistics, and interact with consumers on-site.
Still with us? Cool. Because in this role, no two days will be the same. You will work with a variety of teams and on multiple projects throughout each year. We are looking for someone that is eager to try something new, dig in and work through complexity while having a lot of fun along the way.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support your team in managing and executing branded events and consumer activations
- Own key pieces of the experience, reporting on their status, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Develop planning documents, track event assets, build guidebooks prior to events
- Interact with consumers, direct temporary staff, and own certain elements on-site during events
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation while providing research as needed
- Maintain databases of venues, vendors, and contacts for the team
- Travel and support programs and events as needed, including non-traditional hours, nights, and weekends
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for sports, entertainment, live events, and experience marketing
- 1-2 years of event planning or project management work experience preferred
- A desire to learn, explore, and embrace new experiences
- Problem-solver, offering answers or recommendations to challenges
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and overlapping deadlines
- Desire to be a collaborative in a team centric environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Excellent personal prioritization and organizational skills
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel for work
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Compensation + Benefits:
The salary for this position is $40,000.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.