Account Trainee, Golf Events
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Golf Events
EVENTS / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters are in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT or Cary, NC. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.***
We're looking for an Account Trainee to support a series of golf-centric programs and projects managed within our events division! This position will mainly focus on assisting the Champions for Charity account team with the management of the 35th year of the nationwide charity grassroots golf program. Responsibilities will involve pre-event and on-site coordination of our client’s many sponsorships at charity golf events in their local communities.
In addition, the position may support additional programming within the events group including but not limited to, the staffing of high-end corporate golf outings featuring PGA/LPGA Tour ambassadors, on-site promotion and product demonstration for a golf shot analysis technology client, and pre-event planning of our PGA Tour Champions events held in Cary, NC.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys the multi-faceted world of event execution – detail orientation, organization, communication, problem solving and multi-tasking. It’s also ideal for someone excited to travel as the position will require staffing of events across the United States. This program will provide multiple opportunities for learning and growth within the event space!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Staff 3-4 amateur charity golf events per month. Travel may require flights and/or overnight stays.
- Pre-event coordination and on-site execution of sponsorships for local dealerships including signage displays, hole-in-one contests, auction presentations and collection of recap photos & social content.
- Face to face engagement with potential client customers at local events to promote our National Championship event.
- Complete all post-event follow up summaries and evaluation forms
- Coordinate travel plans within allotted event budget
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- An interest in golf is a plus, but not required. More importantly, you enjoy the hustle and bustle of events and all the moving pieces leading up to and during the event
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Polished communication skills, both written and oral
- Comfortability with public speaking
- Strong desire to work in a team setting
- Confident ability to solve problems, demonstrate initiative, and present a proactive work ethic
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to multi-task, and commit to strict timelines
- Mature business sense and ability to work alongside clients daily
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and the internet
- Interest in sports and event management as a long-term career
- Willingness to travel (50-75%), including working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays minimum wage and is overtime-eligible.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.