Account Executive, Endurance (Technology Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Does working with a brand-new client and creating standard processes get you excited? If you are ready to trade your business attire for running shoes, this is the opportunity for you. We are looking for a strong Account Executive who can keep the client’s endurance portfolio organized and manage a wide assortment of sponsorship assets around the world. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, tremendous organization skills, passion for the endurance industry and an interest in global sports. The AE will have an opportunity to touch this technology client’s vast endurance sponsorship portfolio. While this role is mostly office-based, there could be travel and event work in the future.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Day-to-day support of a global technology client, focused on endurance sports
- Develop processes and templates to keep the client organized
- Monitor program results and execution by properties, agencies, and vendors
- Lead asset tracking and approvals with marathon partners
- Support and grow key relationships with property partners and vendors
- Help ideate activation plans for running portfolio assets
- Develop event specific playbooks and other event documents
- Develop post-program recaps and key takeaways
- Manage and track weekly status calls, including agendas, call notes and follow ups
- Support account billing processes including activation budgets and vendor payments
- Coordinate the storage and management of the client’s event collateral
- Provide global running industry expertise
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Passion for the endurance industry and a desire to become an endurance subject matter expert
- 1+ years of experience, preferably within an agency or client service / project management experience
- An adaptable personality and ability to adjust to changing deliverables based on client needs
- Highly organized and able to oversee hundreds of assets
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and solve problems effectively and independently
- A desire to grow, both personally and professionally
- The approach that no job is too small or too big
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend travel as needed
- A valid passport, or the ability to obtain a passport at a later date
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.