Tour Manager, Dealer Drive Tour (Luxury Automotive Client)
THE JOB / Tour Manager
The Tour Managers will assist the National Program Management team based out of Stamford, CT in the execution of a nationwide driving program running from April through August 2023!
The tour will consist of four (4) teams that will each travel to dealerships across the country and facilitate driving events that provide a unique “behind the wheel” experience for consumers! Each team will consist of five (5) team members, including the one (1) designated Tour Manager.
Events will take place on both weekdays and weekends; travel days as well as off days are built into the schedule. Tour lengths will vary. All staff members will participate in a required multiple-day training session on the luxury automotive brand and event logistics prior to departing for tour.
The Tour Manager will be specifically responsible for leading their team and supervising all aspects of the tour schedule, logistics, and execution of daily events. The Tour Manager will also be responsible for daily communication with the management team in Stamford, CT, as well as advance communications with dealerships. The Tour Manager is also expected to assist in all aspects of event execution on-site.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Oversee and assist in executing all on-site activities
- Ensure that tour staff is meeting all event execution expectations
- Communicate in advance with hosts of upcoming events
- Serve as a direct liaison between management staff in Stamford, CT, and tour team members
- Responsible for maintenance and security of all tour equipment
- Set daily schedules and assignments
- Oversee and verify all staff hours logged
- Answer product related questions
- Review and approve weekly submitted expense reports
- Diplomatically solve any personnel issues within the tour team
- Ensure that event attendees have a positive and engaging experience while on-site
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Passion for luxury automotive a strong plus
- 3-4+ years’ worth of previous tour management experience with a luxury brand
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong onsite management skills
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand, and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to communicate with consumers, potential consumers, or fans in an event setting
- Willingness to travel extensively (including weekends and holidays) for weeks at a time
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems optimally and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This is a 5 month contract. This position pays $6,000 per month, and also includes transportation, accommodations, and per-diem.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.