THE JOB / Account Manager
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity to build, lead and implement experiential programs? As a Tour Manager for our Atlanta based utilities client’s account team, you’ll be integral to the planning and execution of their mobile tour! This role is a hybrid of office and field operations. The manager will drive the client’s vehicle (small box truck) to events across GA.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Own day to day client relationship
- Develop calendar of events directly with our client
- Lead weekly status calls with the clients, to ensure events are properly planned
- Drive client owned asset to each event
- 35-45 events yearly
- Oversee and implement all on-site activities
- Responsible for maintenance and security of all tour equipment
- Set daily schedules and assignments
- Ensure that event attendees have a positive and engaging experience while on-site
- Deliver post event recaps
- Manage activation budgets and expenses
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for experiential marketing and hands on production?
- 1-3 years of previous tour management experience
- Basic understanding of tour vehicle operations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Problem solver mentality
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to communicate with consumers, potential consumers, and clients
- Willingness to travel- Primarily driving within GA
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 50-100 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, lift, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
The base range for this position is $60,000 – 70,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.