Senior Account Executive, Client Services
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Client Services
CLIENT SERVICE / Responsible for supporting Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of nationally-driven client programs.
Do you want to be part of an exciting new sponsorship in baseball? Are you equally comfortable pitching in at events? Would you be interested in tying in a new product launch and promotion to fans throughout the baseball season?
If so, you’re in luck! We’re looking for a senior account executive to play an integral role on our pharmaceutical team via the support in managing our national MLB partnership. The position will involve strategic planning, property management, marketing promotion and activation of partnership benefits, event management with on-site support, and return on investment tracking/reporting, all while contributing to the overall account and new projects. This position will allow someone to work cross-functionally with client business units to develop compelling sponsorship programming and drive marketing initiatives around a new health and wellness product.
While likely based in our Stamford or NY offices, working in this role involves domestic travel to events and partner meetings. This position requires excellent communication and time leadership skills, creativity, proactivity, acute attention to detail and working well on a team.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
The work you’ll do
- Serve as a reliable agency contact for client sponsorship team and internal cross functional client teams
- Day to day management of MLB national partnership and talent relationships
- Support and grow key relationships with property partners and vendors
- Develop, coordinate, and implement perfect events
- Coordinate projects with internal resources and external vendors, such as merchandise, creative, and digital teams
- Work with Octagon Creative and Strategy teams on partnership promotions and measurement
- Prepare program documentation and wrap-up reports including results tracking for season and key events
- Run and participate in weekly status meetings by crafting agendas, driving the discussion, and providing recap summaries
- Support budget tracking and timely reporting
Who we’re looking for
- 3+years of experience, preferably within either the entertainment, sports sponsorship or event marketing industries
- Property management experience is a strong plus
- Confidence serving in a customer service capacity
- Strong understanding of the sports sponsorship space
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand, and product offering
- Experience in crafting outstanding integrated marketing programming
- Ability to handle events from concept through execution
- Very detail-oriented; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while producing quality work within deadlines
- Strong self-starter with excellent team dynamics; exceptional sense to be proactive and jump in wherever needed
- Exceptional collaboration within a team, while also able to solve problems effectively and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Outstanding work ethic, strong desire to succeed, and willingness to learn – intellectually curious
- Outstanding proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” positive attitude
- Ability to take direction and run with it
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.