Account Director, Experiences (Financial Services Client)
THE JOB / Account Director, Experiences (Financial Services Client)
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the preferred location for this position is Charlotte, NC. It may be flexible with a preference for working in one of our other office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Octagon is searching for a dedicated and hardworking Account Director to lead a cross-functional team and produce world-class experiences across our client’s Endurance sports program, local market partnerships, and impactful Special Olympics initiatives.
If you have deep knowledge of the experiential space and are a forward-thinking leader eager to join an innovative, dynamic team, this opportunity is for you!
We are looking for a future leader who possesses the “It Factor,” understands every aspect of creating compelling brand experiences, and thrives working with a larger collaborative team. Our next teammate enjoys working with partners, managing a team, and delivering world class client service within a fast-paced environment.
The Account Director will report to the Group Director and lead a team of three.
The work you’ll do
- Lead and empower project teams on multiple programs across Endurance sports and Special Olympics initiatives, among other potential CSR campaigns.
- Work closely with our Client Services team to develop experiential activation plans and program recommendations in support of clients’ goals and objectives
- Lead your team and colleagues to broadly manage large-scale fan-facing programming – including vendor management, logistical planning, budget management, event execution, and recapping
- Conduct pre-planning, management, and implementation for events, including vendor vetting and selection, contract review and negotiation, and requisite event activation plans and supporting communication documents (i.e., Work Plans, Event Overviews, Event Guides, etc.)
- Implement management routines and protocols to foster an environment for thoughtful ideation, critical review, and transparent communication of program updates across teams/clients
- Manage quality control of client-facing communications and project management materials, including leading client meetings and staff planning
- Oversee employee career development across the team
- Other Administrative and related duties as assigned.
Who we’re looking for
- 7+ years work experience in experiential marketing and/or partnership marketing
- Passion for sports, cause marketing, entertainment, gaming, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to communicate concisely, persuasively, and effectively through both written and verbal medium
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with ease, manage deadlines, coordinate key timelines and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Meticulous with outstanding organizational skills and maintain that standard of excellence and consistency across your team
- Willing to work non-traditional hours, including some potential weekend/holiday travel to various event sites throughout the U.S.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further. We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.