EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and driving event and experiential marketing programs.
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
Octagon is searching for a new Vice President of Experiences to join our team as an inspiring leader and playmaker at the intersection of sports/entertainment and experiential marketing.
In this role, you will work closely with the EVP of Experiential, as well as other leaders from across the agency, to develop go-to-market experiential strategies, build/leverage content for internal and external promotion and assist in new business pursuits.
To be successful, you’ll need to be a leader with vision, an excellent communicator and have a ‘Rolodex’ of industry contacts with excellent relationships and know how to identify the right opportunities for the right players.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking to grow and improve an already robust business practice at Octagon. If you find this exciting, apply right now!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Direct strategic planning, evaluation, program development/execution and measurement of experiential programs within Octagon’s portfolio
- Full understanding of requirements to develop and implement experiential programming such as creative development, vendor selection/management, operations and logistics savvy, and onsite production/decision making
- Provide cohesive process and direction for collaboration between internal specialty areas to achieve integrated brand experiences
- Develop a content plan for external communications about the specialty
- Identify, attend, and speak at relevant conferences and trade events on behalf of Octagon
- Leverage relationships/industry contacts to identify new business opportunities and offer organic growth opportunities for existing clients
- Onboard new clients and accounts for projects and new business wins
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously, managing smaller-scale turn-key event experiences and supporting large-scale custom event experiences
- Construct program budgets and timelines
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 9-12 years of proven account work in experiential marketing
- Crisp, effective verbal and written communicator able to scale and adapt communications for a variety of audiences to effectively and succinctly articulate agency positioning and expertise
- Strategic, collaborative approach to solving problems with ideas – build relationships and influence a range of teams
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Strategic problem solver - can see possible impacts of a decision on many projects
- Successful at encouraging positive agency and client relationships
- Willingness to travel as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.