Revenue Accounting Specialist
THE JOB / Revenue Account Specialist
As the Revenue Accounting Specialist on the Finance team, you will support our Revenue Manager in running a successful monthly close as well as provide maintenance and ownership of our agency's forecast documents. The most critical responsibilities include the development and oversight of accurate and timely revenue recognition reports, maintenance of a working revenue forecast, and other relevant financial reporting as required!
Success in this role is defined by taking ownership and pride in your work, being nimble with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment that often requires you to prioritize and meet deadlines (ongoing as well as last minute priority requests) and develop good working relationships with our business partners.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Prepare and maintain working revenue budgets/forecasts in Excel
- Support the timely and accurate recognition of revenue during the monthly close process
- Meet all Octagon and parent company deadlines
- Review and maintain revenue contract creation forms, amendments, contracts and related revenue support in online system
- Submit contracts, completed contract creation forms, and other documentation in support of revenue to parent company
- Liaise with account team to lead financial processes for key client including revenue and cost of goods sold transactions
- Coordinate revenue-specific periodic system cleanup of project codes
- Participate in revenue-specific audit
- Read contracts to ensure accounting system accurately reflects revenue
- Perform other reasonably related duties and/or special projects/reporting as directed by Finance management.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Associate’s degree in Accounting/Finance and 3+ years of experience or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and 1+ year of experience
- Technical skills include experience with Microsoft Office and Excel (pivot tables, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, and dense data)
- Experience in accounting software systems required, ideally SAP
- Must be very precise, detailed, and organized
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture positive relationships and effective
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while meeting daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc deadlines
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.