Account Manager, Partnership Marketing (Payment Services Client)
THE JOB / Account Manager, Partnership Marketing (Payment Services Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
As our new Account Manager, you’ll work hard and play hard!
If you enjoy rocking out at a private concert, cheering on your favorite sports team, and meeting world-renowned chefs, this position is for you! You will support multiple Payment Services Partner Marketing Teams. The day-to-day includes coordinating event and activation logistics, executing your programs, and daily client communications and management. While coordinating these programs, you’ll assist in brainstorming new programs to drive our clients’ partner marketing objectives.
The work you’ll do
- Lead through all aspects of event programming; from initial brainstorming through execution (on-site and virtual) and wrap-up
- Be the day-to-day client liaison across multiple programs
- Develop tailored experiential event strategic plans
- Assist and/or manage numerous projects simultaneously, both large-scale custom experiences and smaller-scale events
- Oversee the management of materials related to individual events, including but not limited to: digital programs, invitations, ordering of premiums
- Create and foster relationships with internal and external partners as well as outside vendors and properties
- Facilitate and/or manage program budgets and be diligent in all accounting and expense procedures
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years of event/brand marketing experience
- A passion and expertise in experiential program management; you’ve worked in an event management setting and have had direct ownership or lead responsibilities over a project
- Excellent project management skills and can prioritise multiple programs simultaneously
- A budget manager with reconciliation experience
- A desire to supervise, manage and mentor more junior employees
- Your communication skills – both written and verbal – are superb
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Flexible and able to travel domestically (25%) and work weekends or holidays as needed
- Provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.