Account Director, Retail - National Grassroots Tour
THE JOB / Account Director, Retail – National Grassroots Tour
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing
We are looking for an Account Director to lead the day-to-day series management of a nationwide grassroots event program running from August – December 2022. The tour will consist of a team of marketers who facilitate employee recognition and community partner events that provide an outstanding experience for attendees while recognizing their efforts to drive substantial action toward climate change.
The team will be comprised of two (2) “travel” teams that will each travel to various locations across the country staging the events, and one “home” team which handles long term planning and communication. This role will be responsible for the execution of the Event Series, serving as a critical resource for the members of the team and clients, while working closely with program partners.
The Account Director will become a product expert in a new Electronic Vehicle product and its adoption across partner businesses and communities. This person will lead the Experiences account team, driving outstanding event delivery, pre and post-event communications, and overall series management!
As Account Director, this individual will be able to work as part of a cohesive team and will collaborate with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and community and government partners! Strong team dynamics skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Supervise Experiences team of five other (5) individuals to deliver the national event series over 5 months
- Supervise event communications, vendor selection and management, event execution and tour logistics
- Develop and implement strategies for pre- and post-event communications with host venues and key partners
- Work closely with specialty teams across the agency and with the client Business Lead to drive value for the client while optimizing the output and results
- Work with the team to ensure effective communication of pre-event details and coordinate logistics with program collaborators - including government officials, policy makers, and infrastructure partners as needed. Lead event communications with high leverage partners.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact across event series specifics, scheduling, budget and series updates as needed
- Handle overall Event Series budget with regular reporting to client
- Provide ongoing, real-time feedback to the Experiences team to improve event delivery and help those individuals meet their professional goals and objectives
- Serve as a key resource for the teams traveling to implement the event series across scheduling, budget management, inventory management and various event needs.
- Become an expert in a specific line of electric vehicles to be able to speak to community partners and implement Ride and Drive programs at select events
- Communicate event optimization strategies and tactics to drive efficiencies and continuously improve the events as the series is carried out
- Assist in running and adjusting tour schedule as needed
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Passion for sustainability and electronic vehicles a strong plus
- 7-10+ years’ work experience in events, branded experiences or a customer-service oriented role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Have a desire to hone your team management and event chops while furthering your career in event marketing
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Personality traits: confident, engaging, enthusiastic and eloquent
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to connect with key program collaborators from various backgrounds and industries
- Willingness to travel approx. 20% of the time (including weekends or holidays)
- Strong ability to work as a teammate, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work on numerous events at once
- Highly comfortable with PowerPoint and ability to craft written communications is key
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.