Event Trainee, Retail Client
THE JOB / Event Trainee
Octagon is looking for an Event Trainee to assist with the day-to-day on-site execution of a nationwide grassroots event program running from August – December 2022!
The Event Trainee will become knowledgeable in a new electronic vehicle product and its adoption across partner businesses and communities. Led by a core Experiences account team, you will be tasked with the set-up, implementation, and execution of these events and experiences.
Events will take place on both weekdays and weekends; travel days as well as off days are built into the schedule. The position will require 100% travel, including working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays.
The Event Trainee will work as part of a cohesive team and will collaborate with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and community and government stakeholders! This position offers an unrivaled opportunity to learn on-site logistics and event activation.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Implement half-day events at various locations within a relatively short set up and tear down time frame
- Collaborate with operational partners and vendors for the set-up, execution, and breakdown of individual events
- Communicate and work directly with host venues and client partners to ensure event details and timing are communicated effectively
- On-site, the team will be responsible for implementing food & beverage offerings, attendee gifting, audio/visual as needed, branding, activations and attendee entertainment, Ride and Drive aspects at select events
- Work with the Senior Account Executive to serve as one unified team to implement the schedule of events across the U.S.
- Oversee gifting inventory as needed for the full schedule of events
- Become an expert in a specific line of electric vehicles with the ability to speak to community partners and implement Ride and Drive programs at select events
- Solicit survey responses from event attendees at each event
- Reporting of event results to larger team for real-time reporting to the client
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Interest in sustainability & electronic vehicles is a strong plus
- 0-1+ years’ work or internship experience in events or a customer-service oriented role
- Basic knowledge of event management is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must be at least 21+ years of age with a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Strong desire to learn and develop a career in event marketing
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to communicate with event attendees from a variety of backgrounds and industries
- Willingness to travel extensively (including weekends) for weeks at a time
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.