Account Director, Utilities and Confectionery Clients
THE JOB / Account Director, Utilities & Confectionary Clients
CLIENT SERVICE / Responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of two of our client’s large scale sponsor portfolios and partnership programming.
Do you have a passion for sponsorships, developing engaging partnership activation programs and a love for the NFL?
If you have a deep knowledge of the sponsorship space, are a strong leader and enjoy working directly with corporate clients, this position is for you! We are searching for an Account Director to lead the day-to-day operations and programming surrounding two of our client’s diverse sponsorship portfolio with over 20+ properties. This will include working with properties spanning the NFL, MLS, NBA, MLB and major college athletic programs. The position will play a key role developing a yearly sponsorship strategy for our client’s portfolio, building compelling activation plans for each partnership and the onsite execution of key programs. Finally, the right candidate will not settle for the status quo and will provide us with new and innovative thinking, along with a willingness to push the envelope and explore new territories!
The position includes two direct reports and will be required to travel to events and programs throughout the year, work some weekends, and support other client projects as needed.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the account team which includes leading client status meetings, managing programming tracking documents, developing informative POVs, crafting insightful wrap-up reports and strategic budget management capabilities
- Serve as a reliable agency contact for client sponsorship team, internal client departments and agency partners
- Lead the property relationships and management of 20 different sponsored properties
- Help set the strategic vision and plan for our client’s sponsorship portfolio
- Development of sponsorship activation plans and onsite programming for each property, that will meet key client goals and objectives
- Quickly establish credibility throughout the organization and with client as a strategic leader with vision in the NFL space
- Run point on sponsorship negotiations as properties come up for renewal or new ones being considered
- Management of two direct reports and overseeing Octagon’s specialty groups (creative, strategy & insights) that support the business on key projects
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- A total of seven to ten year(s) experience working directly with sports sponsorships and partnerships either with a brand, agency and/or team. Specific NFL experience working with the league and/or its teams is REQUIRED.
- Strong client management skills and possesses the confidence to provide them with strategic guidance and direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Ability to balance multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- A sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Ability to manage relationships with key vendors and partners (e.g. venues, properties, suppliers, etc.)
- Capacity to quickly become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and work weekend/holidays as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.