Account Executive, Luxury Automotive Client (Diversity)
THE JOB / Account Executive
The primary responsibility of this position is to support client engagement programs on behalf of a luxury automotive manufacturer. We are looking for an Account Executive to support the client’s sports sponsorship programs with Diversity!
The Account Executive will be involved in both the preparation and execution of several events throughout the year, including travel to assist with the implementation of our onsite strategy at select events!
You will work across the client’s Diversity programming to support market research, pre-event planning, shipping & travel manifests, vendor communication and on-site management, and post-event recaps, while communicating with various internal and external partners, vendors, and clients. Excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills are required for this position. Travel is also required, including weekends, nights, and possibly holidays.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support diversity team across multiple programs and various initiatives
- Assist in staffing events with planning as well as event execution (event set-up and breakdown) and post-event analysis
- Implement onsite activation (i.e., registration, signage, test drives, vehicle displays, answer product related questions, etc.)
- Assist with vendor management and property research
- Manage documents such as status reports, tracking documents and meeting notes
- Create recap documents for events
- Assist in the research and production of competitive reports of the automotive industry and current trend reports on multicultural marketing
- Manage select special projects and inventory
- Work on additional Octagon accounts and/or projects as needed
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Passion for luxury automotive
- General understanding of U.S. Multicultural markets
- 1-2 years’ of work experience in communications, advertising, event management/production or marketing industries
- Previous event marketing experience a strong plus
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our clients’ industry, brand and product offering
- Attentiveness to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in addition to solving problems independently
- Demonstrated organization, interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Willingness to travel extensively including weekends and holidays, and work non-traditional work hours
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Bilingual/multilingual skills are a plus, but not a requirement
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.