Account Executive – QSR Client
THE JOB / An opportunity to join a dynamic, best-in-class sports marketing agency as we create, innovate, and activate award-winning marketing campaigns on behalf of an industry-leading QSR client!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Day-to-day management of our client relationship and project management. This role will touch on all facets of client management – developing weekly status reports, executing events, creating merchandise, implementing digital/social strategies, building relationships with properties and media rights holders, networking, analyzing data and research, brainstorming, developing strategic recommendations, reporting post-campaign results, and enjoying that amazing feeling when everything comes together perfectly after months of hard work.
- Build relationships with the various agency partners to help coordinate with planning and execution of programs.
- Work closely with the Account Manager to stay on top of strict timelines and manage communication with various partners.
- Account administration including ownership of status documents, ticket management, on-site activations, and merchandise.
- Integrate with colleagues across Octagon’s key verticals (e.g. creative, strategy, digital/social, merchandise, events/experiential) to bring projects to life and offer insights-led creative solutions.
- Activation of several client programs, including a season-long college football program and a World Series trigger promotion. You will want to be in tune with the world of music, keep an eye on pop culture, and to always be on the lookout for the next big thing.
- Work on a dynamic, broad portfolio of existing sponsorship assets.
- Learn creative, innovative marketing practices from an industry-leading, award-winning client. Our client’s marketing team is brilliant, successful, fast-paced and continues to evolve. We thrive on the opportunity to evolve along with them.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 0-2 years of experience, preferably within the sports sponsorship or event marketing industries
- Previous agency experience is a plus, ideally with experience in campaign execution and knowledge of U.S. sports properties
- Ability and flexibility to work extended hours and travel, as needed, including potential weekends and holidays, and exhibit professional responsibility when working remotely
- Strong organizational & communication skills, with the ability to manage and articulate day-to-day tasks with internal, agency, and client-facing teams
- Your interpersonal savvy allows you to collaborate effectively across multiple partner agencies.
- Willingness to learn the business that drives the world of sports and entertainment and, more specifically, an understanding of how sponsorships help both brands and properties achieve their business objectives
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while working as part of a team and independently
- Solution-oriented approach, offering answers or recommendations to challenges
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work effectively in high pressure environments
- Passion for assisting in and activating major sponsorship programs, with a willingness to push traditional marketing and sponsorship convention
- A positive demeanor with optimism, humor, and relentless energy.
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.