Event Trainee, Luxury Automotive, Golf
THE JOB / Event Trainee
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We are searching for an Event Trainee to join our luxury automotive golf team as we look to execute the client’s title sponsor event on the PGA TOUR as well as numerous amateur golf tournaments. In this role, you will assist in the on-site execution of various event management duties and day to day activities at the event! This position will expose you to a large scale sponsorship event, giving you a look at the work that takes place behind the scenes! Although this is a temporary position, it requires full time hours, including weekends, nights and holidays.
All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist with onsite event preparation, operations, and execution
- Collaborate with tournament staff and other onsite vendors
- Assist patrons with onsite registration
- Assist with daily event set-up and breakdown
- Assist the vehicle logistics team with vehicle needs including the tournament courtesy fleet
- Represent and communicate aspects of the brand to patrons of the event
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for sports marketing and you’re a self-starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proactive, “whatever it takes to get the job done” approach.
- The ability to work effectively in high-pressure environments and as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to work long hours at a major sponsorship activation event
- Bachelor’s Degree with 0-1+ years of relevant experience
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for this position
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.