Account Manager, Payment Services
THE JOB / Account Manager, Payment Services
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing
The Account Manager will support the account in the development and execution for a payment services client’s B2C/B2B hospitality programs. The programs incorporate unique sport/culinary/entertainment elements coupled with travel destinations all over the world! The ideal candidate is highly organized, able multitask and work independently. The AM will be exposed to high profile partners and will be expected to collaborate with account team members responsible for handling those specific initiatives. The AM will assist in the development and creation of pre-event planning documents, daily program operations, presentation materials and will play a key role in the onsite implementation of hospitality programs. This position requires travel and is best suited for a candidate interested in working in a team environment with a diverse group of people from different countries and cultural backgrounds.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Project manage multiple hospitality programs simultaneously; using superior attention to detail and client management skills
- Design, develop and present strategic program recommendations and program execution guides
- Research and implement tactical plans; handling client and vendor relationships
- Develop guidelines, sell in presentations and best practices documents to distribute internally and to clients
- Management of precise financial records including: budget creation, client invoicing, budget forecasting, reconciliation, and personal travel expense
- Exemplary service onsite for clients and guests at all program events
- Serve as onsite host during implementation of B2B programs
- Provide internal and client updates as needed
- May supervise staff and/or interns in the implementation of programs and events
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture!
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 5+ years’ experience in event marketing or hospitality
- Experience with on-site event management and execution
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to solve problems effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous; ability to handle multiple tasks and produce quality work within deadlines
- Superior organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent computer skills, master of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Great examples of your success in building positive client relationships
- Payment Services industry experience/knowledge a plus
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
- Enthusiasm for travel and working non-traditional hours
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.