Creative Technology Director
THE JOB / Creative Technology Director
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Octagon is looking for a Creative Technology Director to work within our forward-thinking Innovation (Strategy) team. This Director will be leaned on as a trusted and passionate creative technology subject matter expert that will help strengthen and grow client relationships, primarily within the Experiential Marketing space.
This person will work closely with in-house senior account leads, creative, and strategy teams to deliver outstanding, insights-driven solutions that rely on technological solutions to solve complex client business problems.
Are you a seasoned experiential marketing or digital producer looking to infuse technology into brand activation planning for a roster of world-class brands? If so, this role is for you!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate across Octagon’s specialized account leads, and brand clients to infuse emerging technologies into new business pitches, ongoing project opportunities, project/product strategy, and more
- Lead the new project briefing process by working with in-house account and digital production leads to identify project goals and success metrics while delivering strategic and on-budget solutions
- Act as a client-facing leader within the Innovation team, tasked with inspiring and empowering business leads to deliver best-in-class creative technology solutions
- Act as an internal thought leader for Octagon by educating and advising team members across various disciplines. Stay on top of the latest technologies and identify ways to apply them across specific client and business goals for innovation or activation strategies across RFP, new business, or new project opportunities
- Oversee third-party partnerships Octagon has in place and lead external discussions about emerging technologies
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of demonstrated ability working in a fast-paced experiential or agency setting delivering tech-based solutions for large brands
- Excellence in articulating and presenting complex solutions with both technical and non-technical clients, team members, and partners.
- Strong digital production or project management skills in addition to the fundamental understanding of the technical production cycle from brief and conception through production to launch
- In-depth exposure to the technology landscape and user-centric solutions across mobile, wearable, and immersive technologies
- Understanding of how to repurpose technologies to discover new uses for experiential builds and understands general budgeting/costs exercises behind delivering technology solutions
- A marketing enthusiast with a constant finger on the pulse of what’s happening across the cultural landscape, sports and entertainment, and experiential marketing industries
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.