Senior Account Manager
We are currently seeking an exceptional and highly-motivated candidate to manage the partnership of the world’s most prestigious club football competition for one of our key clients.
This could be the perfect role for you if you have integrated marketing experience, outstanding client service and project management skills, are a real team player and have an interest in working with a local, regional and global team.
You will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day account management of one of the agencies’ longest standing global clients
- Collaboration across multiple departments and with the client’s integrated agency group
- Development of integrated marketing campaigns and consumer activations/promotions (creative, digital/social media, sales/merchant, cross- promotions with other sponsors, etc.)
- Liaison with the rights-holder (one of Europe’s most renowned football properties)
- Provision of guidance to local markets and client Account Managers to ensure smart leverage of the sponsorship by Issuers, Merchants and Partners in order to drive monetization efforts
- Assist with developing any approved strategy into a sustainable and effective platform (e.g. assist with moving strategy into planning and activation stage)
- Provision of industry knowledge of sports and entertainment industries and properties
- Preparation of strategy, operational briefing and reporting documentation
- Management and delivery of client’s product integration with the property
- Delivery, management and execution of big event activation and/or hospitality programmes
- Ensuring client budgets are well managed, tracked, reconciled and invoiced on time
- Manage junior staff in the implementation of programmes and events
This could be your next right move if:
- You are a strategic thinker with a passion for sports and entertainment sponsorship marketing and a great knowledge of the landscape - key properties, governing bodies, talent, competitor activity
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and client’s additional agency partners
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You stay focused and pay attention to the detail
- You are a real team player and have previous experience of demonstrating strong leadership skills
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You have a passion for football
You will also need to have:
- Intricate knowledge and relevant experience working in European football sponsorship - key properties, governing bodies, clubs and/or players
- Solid agency experience working in a similar role
- Outstanding organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and produce quality work within deadlines
- High level Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally
- European languages as an asset (not mandatory)
- Staff management experience
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and non-traditional hours, as required
We’re pleased to offer wide range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Core benefits (available from start date) – flexible holiday allowance, AXA private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension scheme with 4.5% employer contribution, Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible benefits (available after probation) – Gymflex, dental insurance, travel insurance, health cash plan, Cycle scheme, interest-free season ticket loans
- A Flexible Workplace – we have a number of initiatives in place to ensure that our team have the flexibility to balance work with their lives, this includes flexible holiday allowance and flexible working options
- We also run a number of internal programmes to support physical and mental wellbeing, alongside learning and development opportunities to support career development and progression.
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
How We See The World:
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.