Manager, Social Media
THE JOB / Manager, Social Media
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
The Account Manager will join a diverse and award-winning group of digital strategists and analysts, helping design programs that are equal parts creative, innovative and data-driven. You’ll handle the execution and measurement of new and ongoing digital and influencer marketing campaigns, crafting decks, pitching new business, and presenting your social media analyses and insights.
You are a self-starter who exhibits resourcefulness and demonstrates initiative to lead the day-to-day logistics of planning, implementing, & reporting on social and digital media programs. Our work is fast-paced across a diverse group of clients - organization, planning, and time management are vital.
The team will lean on your expertise to help identify outstanding social trends, platforms for program execution, provide match-analysis and discovery of social influencers, handle a library of performance metrics and benchmarks, social account media valuations, and lead all aspects of program planning and execution. You’ll determine the best way to maximize talent-based sponsorships across sports. You will look at clients’ objectives through the lens of social media and determine the best platforms, talent types, and creative executions to meet these goals.
Are you a forward-thinking creator of brand-integrated and partnership social campaigns who can distill sophisticated data into digestible insights? Are you able to run programs independently and develop trust and reliability with our clients? We’re searching for a manager to join our growing team! If you possess a strong combination of creative and analytical thinking and have an innovative, adaptive, and client-first approach, this is your next move!
The work you’ll do
- Develop and pitch social and influencer marketing ideas, actively participating in thought starters and strategic digital brainstorms
- Collaborate with account leads, creatives, and the content production team to develop social and digital marketing strategies
- Manage analysts and develop reporting consistencies based on data across the group
- Serve as primary data investigator: learning the “why” and “how” behind our analytics stack, as well as communicating relevant changes to measurement and methodologies.
- Build campaign models and parameters according to social media metrics, owning Return On Investment and the successful outcomes of campaigns
- Build campaigns that are authentic and on-trend with the platforms and communities in which they live
- Craft savvy recommendations for client initiatives and develop solutions that work within constrained budgets
- Work on sports partnerships, activations, and marketing campaigns to develop strategies that connect businesses to the sports properties they sponsor
- Lead social tool implementation and evaluate new technology and platform features to ensure outstanding analytics stack for the broader team
- Run projects, including the execution of a campaign from the initial recommendation through the final wrap-up
The bigger team you’ll join.
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience and at least three years of experience in social and influencer marketing strategy
- A leader who is confident presenting to and responding to clients directly
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, and music. Keeping a pulse on pop culture and what’s trending digitally
- Someone who is curious and steadfast in understanding how data is used across social media and analytics tools
- Believe data is an important and primary consideration for any marketing campaign
- A manager who can develop and empower their team to deliver quality, accuracy, and results on deadline
- Proficiency and experience with digital analytics and social tools: Facebook Business Manager, CreatorIQ, Audiense, Infegy, Netbase
- Experience using these tools for campaign formation, tracking, and research, and can adeptly synthesize insights from data
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and experience crafting and formatting decks and presentations
- Organized and able to effectively and efficiently manage projects – you know how to keep everything on task and have keen attention to follow-through
- Highly adaptive to changing client and internal needs and guiding clients through changes and pivots
- Detail-oriented and understand the importance of accuracy, as much of the work is consumer and client-facing
- Ability to learn, stay on the cusp of new platforms and tools, and educate internal counterparts as well as clients on new trends, technology, and digital strategies
- Team-first, collaborative mentality
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.