Please note this role is a FTC from January 2022 to February 2023.
This role is based in Qatar, but we are open to candidates from across the UK and Europe.
We’re thrilled to be looking for an exceptional candidate for a key Account Director role in our team in Doha – host city for the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Overseeing the experiential marketing activation of a major global sponsor of the FIFA World Cup - advising on the sponsorship and experiential strategy; and its integration within an amazing campaign.
Managing all aspects of the experiential workstream - stakeholder relationships, rights/asset delivery, experiential design and production, digital activations, technical, logistics and operations.
Working collaboratively with our global team and agency partners to deliver a truly integrated campaign – with brilliant sports led creative and major experiential/hospitality programmes.
We’re looking for someone with a proven track record leading a FIFA, Olympic, UEFA and/or relevant major event experience. An expert at advising senior clients, managing complex experiential projects, organizing and guiding our client on the optimum use of their rights/assets.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be at the heart of the FIFA World Cup, and we’re looking for someone with the passion and ambition to deliver a stand-out campaign. Someone to be responsible for setting up our team, managing key production partners, providing specialist expertise and being the day-to-day liaison with our local and global client team.
Areas of responsibility will include:
Account Leadership / Development and Management / Experiential Programme
- Strategic planning, ideation, coordination and implementation of the experiences, events and commercial activations at eight FIFA World Cup stadiums and the FIFA Fan Festival
- Planning, management and implementation of experiential program development at additional sponsor owned event sites e.g. hospitality hotel, guest experience, Sky Box, a club venue
- Develop and evolve project-based resource planning, measurement, and budget management
- Ensure reporting of pre-defined KPIs on a project by project basis
- Participate in regular status calls, meetings and workshops providing market insights and advice to client and FIFA
Client Service / Stakeholder Management / Supplier and Production Agency Management
- Consistently drive client activity, suggest strategic and tactical solutions to their marketing objectives
- Develop solutions to client challenges and present agency solutions in a clear, engaging and persuasive manner – always balance clients´interest with protecting the agency and team
- Always plan forward to ensure the best resource is available and allocated based on skill sets and project requirements
- Liaise with and manage local stakeholders (FIFA) and project related suppliers
- Contract and oversee partner agencies (creative + design + production) and supervise onsite experiential design, development and delivery (journey mapping + entertainment + staffing)
- Technical and logistics best practices
- Work closely and collaborate with planning, creative and project management as your partners
- Work closely with associated hospitality, concession, content capture, social media and PR teams
Rights Management and Delivery
- Oversee and advise on the optimization of related rights / assets / opportunities
- Management of rights and experiential delivery in accordance with FIFA and internal timelines
- Guide internal stakeholders and partner agencies on the use of FIFA IP and brand marks
- Establish the process and management for approvals
- Identify and negotiate relevant new rights and assets
- Adhere to local regulations, health and safety protocols, security and environmental standards
- Oversee the delivery of rights and experience on-the-ground
Team and Staffing Management
- Lead and manage your team to provide the very highest levels of client service and fan experience
- Develop a highly effective team who continually surpass expectations
- Supervise implementation teams and personnel
- Act as a coach/mentor/motivator and develop the team so each member grows and works effectively
- Not be afraid to deal with any people challenges or issues
What we’re looking for:
- A highly driven and motivated individual
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in brand experience, production or related field
- Proven project management experience with large scale events, complex experiential operations
- Experience working with a global sponsor / rights holder and/or FIFA/major sporting events
- Exceptional communicator – collaborator and manager of partners
- Someone who challenges the status quo
- Experience leading teams to exceed client expectations
- A commitment to developing talent underneath and around you
- Hands-on mentality
- Strong attention to detail
- English language, with Arabic an advantage
Octagon is the global, creative agency with a specialism in sports and entertainment.
We are the sports marketing arm of the IPG Group.
In Doha and the MENA region, the IPG agencies (Octagon, FP7McCann, Weber Shandwick, Jack Morton) operate collectively within the Middle East Communications Network (MCN Group).
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.