Senior Account Executive, Hospitality
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Hospitality
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person to join our skilled and dynamic Hospitality Team on Global Marquee Events! This person will help lead and run multiple projects, while getting involved in exciting programs with various clients. This position will get a broad view of Octagon’s clients while assisting with a variety of premier events. In this outstanding role, your principal responsibilities will include pre-event communication and planning, online registration management, on-site staffing, post-event communication and reporting. You will be working with a client focused team who is committed to providing a seamless, white-glove hospitality experience to our clients. With the team located across a few Octagon offices, you will have broad exposure to the hospitality industry with a tremendous potential to learn and gain hands-on experience.
All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist with event planning, on-site activation and post-event wrap-up for various hospitality programs
- Handle online guest registration system and database
- Handle templates and acquire invitee information from various clients
- Budget creation, management, reconciliation and recap
- Creation of personalized itineraries for various events (i.e., golf, football, private events, entertainment)
- Co-lead all weekly status calls and other key meetings with both internal and external constituents
- Handle all logistics to include, but not limited to, décor, lodging, transportation, food and beverage, production services, and celebrity appearances
- Produce and provide current status and budget reports for client usage (e.g., invitation status, golf pairings, dinners, activities, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute event status meeting notes, execution guides, staff implementation guides
- Handle event results reporting and wrap-up report development
- General account management and assistance with client requests
- Lead on-site temporary staff at event activations
- Weekend/holiday work as needed
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- People may have accused you of being diligent; you’re so organized that an unorganized folder or inbox gives you hives
- A standout colleague who wants to know what others are working on and also wants to help
- Consider yourself a self-starter with the ability to balance multiple projects on tight deadlines simultaneously
- Form effective links with clients; You are flexible and adaptable in working with various personalities
- A sense of humor and being able to tell a good story; we like to laugh
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Thrive under pressure and are outstanding at problem solving; offering creative solutions (though you will always have help, your mantra is: I will figure it out!)
- A go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and embrace new challenges (there will be plenty of last minute client requests)
- A passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture will make you a good Octagon fit
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3ish years’ experience in related events field; past hospitality experience preferred
- Super knowledgeable the Microsoft Office suite; particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Had experience handling a budget and Excel doesn’t scare you
- A jet-setter; your bags are packed and you are excited at the idea of travel
- You can work weekends/holidays as needed
- Golf knowledge/experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience working The Masters Tournament is a major plus!
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.