Manager, Global Communications & Publicity - OSEN
Manager, Global Communications & Publicity - OSEN
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our Northeast office locations - - Stamford, CT, or New York, NY. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Calling all sports and entertainment-obsessed storytellers with experience in PR, Marketing, and Media Relations. We are looking for a dynamic publicist, marketer, and media professional to work as our next Manager of Global Communications & Publicity!
In this role, you will support PR & Communications efforts across Octagon’s Sports & Entertainment network of agencies including Octagon and R&CPMK. on our multi-agency publicity initiatives, lead certain projects and generate positive press for our family of agencies, executives, divisions, clients, campaigns, and staff.
As a communications, media relations, and publicity authority you will work directly with the Director of Communications and Vice President of Global Communications, as well as other senior leaders to tell the ever-evolving story of Octagon and R&CPMK. You will amplify the award-winning work of the agencies, divisions, employees, and partners, with a specific focus on Octagon’s international offices and R&CPMK, and building publicity and editorial coverage for key executives with both divisions.
Who we’re looking for
- 4+ years of proven experience working in Communications, Public Relations, and or Marketing.
- A savvy social media publicist, with an eye on what's new. You know what platforms to be seen and heard on and you understand best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, ideally in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations.
- An experienced communicator, both verbal and written.
- Experience pitching stories and working with press/members of the media on long-lead features, short-form articles, as well as business or talent profiles. (Experience working with international advertising, marketing, and sports and entertainment trade outlets is a plus, but not required.)
- Background in drafting and sending out communications materials such as press releases, talking points, bios, and social media messaging.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- You come up with inventive ideas and are open and flexible.
- You understand how to plan effectively, keeping publication timelines and calendars organized.
- You are at ease working directly with the agency C-suite and senior leadership to accomplish PR and marketing objectives.
The work you’ll do
- Support Director of Communications and Vice President, Global Communications on the communications, publicity, and media relations efforts for Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network.
- Work with senior representatives of Octagon’s Communications department, as well as other OSEN, Octagon, and R&CPMK executives on pitching, securing, and placing regular editorial coverage worldwide.
- Write and update communications materials, including press releases, bios, talking points, pitches, award submissions, etc.
- Proactively pitch domestic and international media outlets, as well as coordinate publicity opportunities for executives and staff.
- Contribute to Octagon and R&CPMK social media efforts and platforms to grow channels and increase engagement.
- Manage the Octagon Contributors Network publishing calendar and assignments while developing positive relationships with internal teams to secure additional content.
- Build and maintain Octagon and R&CPMK press/media contact lists.
- Work with team members on ad hoc projects, assignments, and events.
The bigger team you’ll join - OSEN
The Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network, within the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), encompasses industry leaders Octagon, R&CPMK, ITB, FRUKT, and Milkmoney. This formidable family of agencies specializes in sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing and public relations for brands, athletes, and celebrities.
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
We inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.