Senior Account Executive, Financial Services Client - Events
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Financial Services Client (Events)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing
Do you love developing events and bespoke experiences? Is hosting and hospitality and passion point for you?
Do you love solving problems and bringing large-scale experiences to life?
Are you looking for that next challenge as you build your career in experiential marketing? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
But what will I do? Glad you asked! You’ll support a team in developing innovative experiential activations across for our client Preferred Rewards programming. The SAE will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, delivering a collection of hosting and hospitality experiences across a spectrum of sports, entertainment and culture platforms.
Still with us? Cool. Because we need a rock star to join our team. The ideal candidate is one who thrives in a team environment, has a passion for learning and getting better every day, creating cool experiences, thrives in a dynamic pace, loves details and takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done. You will be reporting to the Account Director.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support day-to-day team functions to help the team succeed
- Serve as point-person for on-the-ground activation
- Prepare necessary event documents including event guides, itineraries, meeting notes and post event recaps
- Coordinate projects with vendors and internal Octagon resources
- Coordination and training with our Innovation team to provide back-end support and communication guests and reporting to clients via our digital event portal
- Effectively facilitate communication between clients and partners
- Work with vendors to secure merchandise and other event services/supplies
- Become a trusted resource for clients
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of financial service client’s sponsorship portfolio and business initiatives
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: assistance on other events/programs, competitive research, POVs, property research, etc.
- Domestic event travel will be required throughout the year, including nights and week
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for events/experiences, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events
- A passion across sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Truly believe that no job is too small or too big
- Have a can-do attitude and desire to succeed and learn
- A great teammate who wants to know what others are working on and also wants to help
- Enjoy coming up with fun ideas and bringing them to life
- Are curious, coachable and desire to learn in a fast-paced work environment
- A sense of humor and the ability to tell a good story (we like to laugh)
- Thrive under pressure and are outstanding at problem solving and offering creative solutions
- A go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and accept new challenges
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend travel
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.