Senior Account Executive, Events and Experiential
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Financial Services Client (Events)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Simply put, do you just love Trade Shows?
Are you adept at handling the twists and turns of planning events and experiences in the unique world of Trade Shows?
Do you love working in a fast-paced environment and figuring out solutions? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
The SAE will support our team’s management of B2B trade shows and events. This role will assist, run and coordinate all aspects of our client’s schedule of events, including but not limited to: development of program, venue and association coordination, management of staffing, on-site activation executions, budget management, event analysis, assistance in reporting and tracking metrics, administrative support and other duties as assigned. In addition to supporting the Account Manager, the SAE should be able to prioritize assigned tasks, work under-pressure and succeed in a deadline-driven environment!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support planning and implementation numerous events, including travel to marquee events and programming support for virtual and hybrid events
- Create templates of program description and event concepts for internal client presentations
- Create and present professional documents, including event briefs and recaps
- Handle event staffing schedules
- Day to day contact with Manager to ensure needs are being met
- Lead and execute on-site activities including pre-communication with show organizers, event set-up, engaging the clients on staffing, premium distribution, and event breakdown
- Work closely with client, internal service groups and 3rd party vendors to fulfill activation asset(s) and premium needs
- Oversee event production house with trade show equipment (of varying configurations) coordination and logistics management for program schedule
- Other administrative duties and related duties as assigned across broader account team
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have expertise in trade shows, hospitality, and project management
- Have passion across sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2-4+ year(s) work experience in event marketing/ event production/tradeshow execution
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under short target dates and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented with outstanding organization and project management skills
- Not afraid to “pitch in” and get it done - taking initiative
- Possess strong communications skills – both written and verbal
- Have demonstrated experience in positions requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and poise and you are reliable and trustworthy
- Can motivate others, driving team to success
- You have the ability to troubleshoot planning and on-site challenges effectively
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend/holiday travel
- Available to travel to various event sites throughout the U.S.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.