Account Executive, Hospitality
THE JOB / Account Executive, Hospitality
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
We are looking for two dedicated and enthusiastic people to join our skilled and dynamic hospitality team. These Account Executives will get a broad view of Octagon’s offices while supporting an automotive client with a variety of events, both domestically and globally. If the idea of collecting frequent-flyer miles excites you, this job is for you! In this unique role, you will spend the year balancing time between concierge services for several exciting events. You will be working with a tight knit, service-oriented team who is committed to providing a seamless hospitality experience to our clients. With the team located across a few Octagon offices, you will have broad exposure to the hospitality industry with a tremendous potential to learn and gain hands-on experience.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Conduct pre-planning management and implementation for events for 10 people to 1,000 people, including: vendor research, merchandise management, and event communications
- Coordinate projects with outside vendors and internal resources
- Learn and lead sophisticated guest registration systems
- Understand clients' values and voice while handling consumer facing communication
- Develop agendas and take detailed notes for weekly meetings with both internal and external partners
- Coordinate status details on pre-event meeting agendas, i.e., transportation, F&B, and other activities
- Design, prepare and distribute event execution guides, staff implementation guides, and personalized itineraries for guests at various events
- Provide hands-on event staffing and oversight
- Assist with numerous projects simultaneously ranging from hotel room blocks, to concierge email responses, to budget management
- Celebrate the team’s accomplishments with us
- Generate recap documents of each event including key metrics and recommendations
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- People may have accused you of being obsessive; you’re so organized that a disorganized folder or inbox gives you hives
- A team-player who wants to know what others are working on and wants to help
- A self-starter who can balance multiple projects on tight deadlines simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable in working with various personalities
- A sense of humor and the ability to tell a good story; we like to laugh
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Ability to thrive under pressure and are outstanding at problem solving; offering creative solutions (though you will always have help, your mantra is: I will figure it out!)
- A go-getter who demonstrates initiative and embraces new challenges (there will be plenty of last minute client requests)
- A passion for travel, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture will make you a good Octagon fit
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1+ years of experience in related events field; past hospitality experience preferred
- A master of the Microsoft Office suite; particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Though not a requirement, a second language is a plus
- A jet-setter; your bags are packed and you are excited about traveling (approx. 35%)
- Can work weekends/holidays as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.