Director, International Media Rights Consulting
THE JOB / Director
Octagon is looking for a Director to further guide Octagon's Media Rights Consulting (MRC) division as they deliver best-in-class consulting to a global portfolio of sports media clients.
The right candidate will be a strong analytical problem solver with comprehensive experience in the ever-evolving international sports media landscape.
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to driving data sourcing, data modeling, media rights analysis, data visualization, and market trend strategies. Additional responsibilities would include negotiating media rights agreements with a wide network of non-US broadcasters, managing client communications, and assisting in new business development for the MRC team.
This position will work closely with clients ranging from domestic and international sports teams, leagues, and federations, to Private Capital investors and to new sports media platforms. These clients seek MRC's leading counsel, and content acquisition strategies, rights packaging, valuation modeling, and international media rights sales.
The work you’ll do
- Evaluation of international sports media rights and properties by parsing large data sets and analyzing key industry media performance metrics
- Monitor trends in the broader TMT (Technology, Media and Telecom) sector and sports media landscape while concurrently taking on a meaningful role in sourcing new business opportunities across leagues, media platforms, and investment firms
- Compile viewership analysis reports utilizing Nielsen and other international measurement tools
- Identify, negotiate, and manage new business opportunities with media and technology platforms to generate revenue and meet strategic objectives
- Take the initiative on drafting materials tied to a strategic approach for rights, committee materials, partner performance updates, etc.
- Negotiate new media rights agreements on behalf of our clients
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further!
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 8-10 years of meaningful experience in the TMT (Technology, Media and Telecom) sector, including responsibilities such as media analytics, viewership analysis, media rights market intelligence gathering, digital streaming analytics, social media analytics, advertising media analytics, and consumer research roles
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Someone with a passion for and experience in media rights valuations and business analytics – specifically related to international sports media rights – is preferred
- Have experience negotiating media rights agreements
- Possess a strong network of broadcaster relationships
- Possess a strong network of sports property relationships
- A self-starter with a strong analytical background and a “challenger” brand mentality, and a genuine desire to quickly grow the business
- A ‘can do’ demeanor, where no job is too small nor too big. Someone who looks at a client challenge or an internal puzzle and won’t rest until it is solved
- Must have advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Must be willing to travel
- The ability to speak a second language (i.e., Spanish) is helpful but not required
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.