Account Manager, Marketing
THE JOB / Account Manager, Issuer Marketing
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Octagon is looking for an Account Manager to focus on the development and execution of programming for payment services issuing bank clients. Activities can include, but are not limited to experiential activation, digital experiences, short & long term strategy, and creative ideation. This position involves working cross functionally with client business units to develop compelling sponsorship programs to drive marketing objectives.
This position requires excellent communication and time management skills, acute attention to detail, organization, and client management. The ideal candidate solves problems independently, identifies new prospects for issuers and has experience developing opportunities geared towards b2c and b2b and works well within a team environment.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Key member of the Issuer Marketing Team
- Develop concepts and marketing platforms that support sponsorship resources with specific partner banks for either in-person or digital programs
- Works closely with account teams to seek opportunities and restrictions with specific sponsorship properties
- Work with internal work-stream managers to collaborate on sponsorship activation and execute ideas
- Have a passion for sports, entertainment and culinary verticals
- Lead the planning, development and execution of various marketing programs, simultaneously, ensuring timelines and client expectations are met
- Manage budgets and finances related to programs
- Prepare formal documentation for projects including program overviews, recap summaries, agency POV, budgets, and sell in presentations
- Serve as a manager and mentor to junior staff
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5+ years of sponsorship/brand marketing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sponsorship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional client service
- Superior organizational skills, careful attention to details and the ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and under pressure
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- Experience in presentation development
- Experience managing and maintaining a budget or budgets
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Exceptional time management skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Payment services industry experience/knowledge a plus
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically with weekend work as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.