Senior Account Executive, Multicultural Marketing
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Home Improvement - Multicultural
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing
The Senior Account Executive will lead the development of African American sports/entertainment/grassroots sponsorships and marketing initiatives on behalf of a Home Improvement client! This position will also run a national tradeshow partnership promoting the client’s workshops platform as well as store Grand Opening events and support other miscellaneous store events as they occur. The SAE will work closely with the Group Director who is responsible for the account day-to-day, as well as with key players from the client team and other agency partners. The primary relationship/sponsorship properties will include Historically Black Colleges and Universities, grassroots/sporting events, tradeshow properties and local Home Depot stores!
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for:
- Working closely with sponsorship partners and vendors to execute client events and promotions
- Coordinate execution of client promotions and events, from planning to on-site set up and tear down
- Regular ongoing communication with the clients and partner agencies
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Planning and execution of all on-site activities, including but not limited to
- Development of activation plans
- On-site consumer experience plan development and implementation
- Management of on-site logistics and operations (i.e. catering, security, staffing, shipping, accommodations, etc.)
- Talent management
- Identify and manage outside vendors associated with executing the overall projects/events
- Inventory management of all event materials (i.e. merchandise, signage assets, promotional elements, etc.)
- Manage on-site staff including oversight of Brand Ambassadors, Event Coordinator and/or Intern duties
- Liaison with internal Octagon teams and key client departments and client’s agency partners (advertising, media, online, etc.) for related programming
- Traffic sponsorship and promotional media related assets to partners
- Support additional Octagon accounts and/or projects as needed
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Understanding of U.S. Multicultural markets with hands-on event management and execution experience, ideally with African American sports, entertainment and grassroots cultural events
- Experience with planning and on-site execution of multicultural related events, tradeshows and/or other experiential events
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Experiences in document writing including status reports, recaps, industry/competitive analysis
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to run projects on tight deadlines and budgets
- Strong influencing and social skills, in order to work effectively with clients, internal team leaders/members and partner vendors/agencies
- A keen sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Ability to manage relationships with key vendors and partners (e.g. venues, properties, suppliers, etc.)
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to connect with consumers, potential consumers or fans in an event setting
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and work weekend/holidays as needed
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- Ability to learn to supervise, lead and mentor more junior limited-term employees
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.