Senior Account Executive, Soccer
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Octagon is in search of a Senior Account Executive to support the activation of various soccer sponsorships for a major Insurance client! This position will work closely with the Account Director in planning and executing programs targeting both the general market consumer and US Hispanic consumer via Major League Soccer, US Soccer Federation, Mexican Football Federation, Concacaf, and Alianza de Fútbol! SAE will also assist with operational and administrative duties of the account, including status reports, weekly client calls, recaps, and billing. Candidate should have an interest in soccer and should be familiar with the soccer landscape and the domestic soccer consumer/fan.
Excellent communication, client management proficiency, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail required. Experience designing, crafting, and delivering presentations a plus.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Coordinate planning, development, and execution of client’s onsite presence at sponsored events
- Manage contracts and assets, build activation plans, documents, budgets, reporting/analysis, and recap reports
- Develop relationships and act as a day-to-day contact for internal and external partners, including client and agency partners
- Oversee on-site event operations/execution including event set-up and breakdown (potential travel to most events)
- Tracking expenses and processing of POs, invoices, and monthly finance reporting
- Other related duties/projects as assigned, including assisting in the development of all client initiatives
- Support the creation of detailed client presentations and activation strategies
- Create post-project recaps
- Pre-event planning, including but not limited to, vendor research and liaising, merchandise management, market research, event communications
- On-site event operations and execution including event set-up and breakdown (travel to all events)
- Assistance in post-event recapping and results
- Participation in client meetings and conference calls
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for sports and entertainment and are eager to stay up to date with developments in the industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3+ years of relevant sponsorship and/or agency experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and tackle problems independently
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on client’s industry, brand, and product offering
- Knowledge of the US Hispanic market
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to travel and work weekends and multi-day events
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.