Account Director, Payment Services
THE JOB / Account Director, Payment Services
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client’s global B2C/B2B hospitality programs. The programs incorporate unique sport/culinary/entertainment elements coupled with travel destinations all over the world.
This position will oversee 60+ in-person annual events, including digital and hybrid global experiences. The ideal candidate is collaborative, highly organized and an excellent project manager. The AD will be expected to work with global teams.
This position requires strong and intuitive client service skills, concept / presentation development, project management, management of global hospitality programs and superior managerial skills.
This position requires travel and is best suited for a candidate interested in working in a team environment with a diverse group of people from different countries and cultural backgrounds.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Build and cultivate positive client relationships
- Supervise multiple hospitality & virtual programs simultaneously; utilizing superior attention to detail and client management skills
- Oversee multiple global sponsorship project work-streams from development through execution
- Assist in the integration of the program with the client’s virtual lifestyle hub
- Help identify, analyze, navigate, and negotiate sponsorship marketing opportunities for clients
- Management of precise financial records including budget creation, client invoicing, revenue forecasting and program tracking
- Manage and lead staff in the implementation of programs and events
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 7+ years’ experience in event marketing or hospitality. Payment Services industry experience/knowledge a plus
- Experience with on-site event management and execution
- Shown success building and maintaining trusted client and partner relationships
- Experience developing presentations for internal/external senior executives
- Validated ability to work as part of a team and to tackle problems effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who will take initiative with new projects and work with a variety of people
- Capacity to become a specialist on client’s brand and the state of client’s industry
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically and internationally with weekend/holiday work as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.