Account Trainee, Operations Assistant
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Operations Assistant
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Assist event staff with day-to-day preparation and execution of the SAS Championship, a PGA TOUR Champions event held October 11 - 17, 2021at Prestonwood Country Club. The Octagon staff, located in Cary, NC, is directly responsible for managing all aspects of the event!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist tournament staff in coordinating all vendor contracts for the event
- Insure first-class presentation for the operation of event
- Help manage operational timeline that includes detailed set-up and tear-down schedules
- Work closely with event staff to insure operational fulfillment of corporate partner contracts and operational support of volunteer activities
- Work with tournament staff to execute product logistics plan including loading and unloading of product into storage containers
- Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
- Weekend and Holiday work required
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Polished communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong desire to work in a team setting
- Confident ability to solve problems, demonstrate initiative, and present a proactive work ethic
- Extreme organization, multi-tasking ability, and commitment to deadlines
- Mature business sense and ability to work alongside client daily
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Internet
- Interest in sports and event management as a long-term career
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and non-standard hours
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.