Junior Analyst, Sports Analytics
Futures Sport + Entertainment (FS+E), is a global sports data, technology and analytics consulting company.
Founded in 2002, Futures brings unique, proprietary software and insights to the global sports and entertainment industries. We’re a commercially-minded consultancy that thrives on providing many of the world’s most famous rights holders, teams, and sponsors with data-driven strategies to support their top business objectives.
We work on projects covering some of the world’s most prominent and powerful players in sports and entertainment, and our projects have stretched to all corners of the globe, ranging from college basketball to eSports to the NFL.
We aim to continuously find better ways of measuring the commercial aspects of sports business. Delivering unique insight to our clients. Futures is technology and data-driven, having developed unique measurement tools and techniques to provide clients with robust analyses. Our culture is one of continuous improvement. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of data in sport and extend the analysis that we deliver to clients. We deliver extraordinary client servicing and provide unrivalled commercial insights by listening carefully to our clients’ needs.
Do you want to work with leaders of U.S.-based projects on media and sponsorship analytics? Do you want to work hand-in-hand with Futures’ top-tier analysts on these projects that assist professional teams, league offices, and Fortune 500 brands? As they seek to optimize sponsorships, better understand cross-platform media consumption and global growth? If that sounds interesting to you, read on!
This role pivotal to our team, requiring you to demonstrate your analytical skills, creativity in problem-solving and ability to work effectively as part of a team. We're ready to take on the world of sports insights, are you coming with us?
- Lead, analyze and interpret complex datasets
- Interpret data to deliver bespoke commercial insight to our clients
- Structure and deliver analysis
- Chip in to writing and preparing client reports and presentations
- Immerse yourself in the world of sport, data and business to contribute to the team and our clients
- From day one, you will gain exposure to senior members of the team and high profile clients to deliver solutions and help in the development of our research software and tools
Who We Are Looking For
- 1-2 years of meaningful work experience or recent graduate with a professional or equivalent degree in a relevant field of study (such as computer science, natural sciences, engineering, mathematics or economics)
- An analytical and strategic thinker who has a business mind and a real passion for sports and entertainment
- A self-starter who has meticulous attention to detail and an ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Knowledge of sports and/or media business landscape desirable
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously, while working as both part of a team and independently
- Comfortable taking initiative and leading individual work streams independently, with minimal direction
- Excellent quantitative skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with coding and data science software desirable e.g. SQL, VBA, R, SPSS, Python
FS&E is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.