Analyst, Media Rights Consulting
THE JOB / Analyst
Octagon is looking for an Analyst to support Octagon's Media Rights Consulting (MRC) division as they deliver best-in-class consulting to a global portfolio of sports media clients.
If you consider yourself an analytical whiz with a proven track record of crafting measurable data analysis and presentations then this role is for you!
The MRC Analyst will utilize their strong data analysis skills to provide our clients with valuation insights, measurement reporting, and commercial strategies that can shape the ever-evolving sports media landscape.
This position will work closely with clients ranging from domestic and international sports teams, leagues, and federations, to Private Capital investors and to new sports media platforms. These clients seek MRC's leading counsel, and content acquisition strategies, rights packaging, valuation modeling, and international media rights sales.
The work you’ll do
- Support the MRC team in evaluating a range of sports media rights and properties by parsing large data sets and analyzing key industry media performance metrics
- Assist in the analyzing, buying, selling, and acquisition of media rights of major sporting properties and platforms
- Compile viewership analysis reports utilizing Nielsen and other international measurement tools
- Develop appropriate media and business solutions that address client requirements and commercial needs
- Monitor the broader TMT (Technology, Media and Telecom) sector, sports media landscape and assist in sourcing new business opportunities across leagues, media platforms, and investment firms
The bigger team you’ll join.
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 1-4 years of meaningful experience in the TMT (Technology, Media and Telecom) sector, including responsibilities such as media analytics, viewership analysis, media rights market intelligence gathering, digital streaming analytics, social media analytics, advertising media analytics, and consumer research roles
- Someone with a passion for and experience in media rights valuations and business analytics – specifically related to international sports media rights – is preferred
- Candidates with experience/exposure to the TMT (Technology, Media, and Telecom) sector are preferred, but not required
- A self-starter with a strong analytical background and a “challenger” brand mentality, and a genuine desire to quickly grow the business
- A ‘can do’ demeanor, where no job is too small nor too big. Someone who looks at a client challenge or an internal puzzle and won’t rest until it is solved
- Must have advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Must be willing to travel
- The ability to speak a second language (i.e., Spanish) is helpful, but not required
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.