Analyst, Media Rights Consulting
THE JOB / Analyst
Do you have a passion for sports media? Does it excite you to evaluate sports media rights? Do you consider yourself an analytical whiz? If so, this might be your next move! Octagon is looking for an Analyst to support the Octagon Media Rights Consulting (MRC) division as they deliver best in class media rights consulting to a global portfolio of sports media clients.
This position will work closely with clients ranging from sports teams, leagues, and federations, to Private Capital investors, to new sports media platforms. These clients seek MRC's leading counsel and content acquisition strategies, rights packaging models, and media rights valuations. The MRC Analyst will use their media rights market experience, coupled with their skills in media data analytics to provide clients with rights valuations and commercial strategies as they chart their path forward amidst an evolving media landscape.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support the MRC team in evaluating a range of sports media rights properties and be able to parse large data sets and analyze key industry media performance metrics
- Source new business opportunities across leagues, media platforms and investment firms
- Must be a specialist in SQL, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must be willing to travel internationally and domestically
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred, but not required
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, media analytics, viewership analysis, media rights market intelligence gathering, digital streaming analytics, social media analytics, advertising media analytics and consumer research
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of proven experience in analyzing, buying and/or selling media rights of major sporting properties, acquiring content for sports platforms, analyzing sports media rights related experience
- You have a passion for and expertise in media rights valuations and business analytics – specifically related to sports media rights
- A self-starter with a strong analytical background and a “challenger” brand mentality and a genuine desire to quickly grow the business
- A ‘can do’ attitude, where no job is too small nor too big. Someone who looks at a client challenge, or an internal puzzle, and won’t rest until it is solved
- Strong entrepreneurial demeanor and ability to collaborate with Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network colleagues
- Ability to understand clients’ commercial needs and then help develop and recommend appropriate media and business strategies
- Strong intellect is required to distill client requirements into appropriate business solutions
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.