Office Services/HR Coordinator
Octagon is looking for a part-time Office Services/HR Coordinator for our Talent + Properties headquarters in McLean. In this role, you will help manage our day-to-day office operations and support the Human Resources team. As the first person to greet employees and guests, it is essential that you possess a welcoming and professional demeanor. In this role, you will ensure the efficient operation of our office and assist the HR team with recruitment and project management.
Who we’re looking for
- You have a professional appearance, calm demeanor and positive outlook
- You possess the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, especially with regard to sensitive or confidential personnel or organizational matters
- You have a cheerful phone manner, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are punctual and reliable
- You take the initiative to recommend process improvements or share new programming ideas
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- You have a consistent record of ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- You have the ability to work independently and within a team
- You possess an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and prior receptionist/administrative support experience, or equivalent years of related work experience
The work you’ll do
- Assist is day-to-day management of our office, ensuring that things run smoothly every day
- Regularly check office common space to ensure that all furniture and equipment are in working order and that shared spaces are neat and organized
- Monitor office equipment, and coordinate maintenance, repair and lease agreements on equipment; order and maintain office supplies
- Clean and stock kitchens, load and empty dishwashers daily, empty refrigerators on a weekly basis
- Welcome visitors to the office
- Answer and transfer incoming calls
- Handle calendars for conference rooms; prepare conference rooms for meetings and clear rooms after meetings
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, packages, faxes and checks
- Maintain and update telephone listings and distribute to staff monthly
- Support the HR team in our talent acquisition efforts by posting positions on Octagon’s website and scheduling interviews
- Manage the HR general email account; handle routine inquiries independently and coordinate with HR team regarding non-routine inquiries
- Sort paperwork, create files and assist in document organization and filing for HR
- Provide administrative backup to office staff as needed
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire talent, brands, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward to help our partners make the next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.