We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Account Executive with a keen interest in football and passion for working in the international sports landscape. The position is to support our team with the activation and management of one of our biggest clients, and its football partnerships, and presents an outstanding chance to join a leading agency with great opportunities to grow. This role is ideal for someone with a passion for football, has an interest in sponsorship, values great creative work and who has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Asset management, tracking and delivery
- Regular season ticketing and hospitality process
- Support in the development and management of campaigns and sponsorship activity across digital/social media, consumer events and ATL activity
- Account status reports and tracking
- Reporting – pre, during and post campaign
- Meeting agendas and workshop coordination
- Management of third-party promotions and approval processes
- Working with colleagues/offices from across the globe
This could be your next right move if:
- You have a passion for football and a good knowledge and understanding of the landscape - key properties, governing bodies, clubs and players
- You pay attention to the details and anything worth doing is worth doing right every single time. You stay focused and nothing gets missed
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You like learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You thrive with working on a number of projects at any one time
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and client’s internal markets and channels
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You are a real team player with a positive attitude
You will also need to have:
- A degree Qualification or equivalent
- Solid agency experience working in a similar role (ideal)
- High level Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally.
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
How we see the world
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to colour colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.