Olympics & Action Sports Assistant
THE JOB / Olympics & Action Sports Assistant
We want you to be a key part of our Olympics & Action Sports Division! We are looking for an organized, motivated Assistant to join our successful team. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, supporting members of our group. This is a part-time (20-30 hours per week), benefits-eligible position.
If you are able to prioritize assigned multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and succeed in a deadline oriented environment, we want to hear from you!
Who we’re looking for
- Someone who is passionate about organization and attention to detail;
- The ability to anticipate needs, develop solutions and overcome obstacles with minimal direction;
- Demonstrated experience in positions requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and poise;
- Prior administrative experience in an agency/corporate environment;
- Well-developed time management skills with an ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- A problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills and a passion for innovation;
- Team player who can develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Social media savvy and awareness of new technologies/platforms;
- Experience working independently and/or with a team;
- A knack for being able to prioritize and run multiple ongoing projects;
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office for windows (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
The work you’ll do
- Provide general support to members of the Olympic & Action Sports division;
- Prepare, proofread and send correspondence and organize files;
- Update and maintain marketing materials and presentations;
- Make travel arrangements and process expense reports;
- Coordinate meetings and schedules as needed;
- Handle invoice requests;
- Provide logistical support and assist with other immediate client needs;
- Respond to routine questions from and about clients;
- Arrange shipment of materials
- Act as liaison with brand partners and brand agencies;
- Other duties as assigned
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.