EVP, Digital Strategy
THE JOB / EVP of Digital Strategy
Octagon is searching for an experienced Executive Vice President of Digital Strategy to lead our strategy practice. The Octagon strategy group advises Fortune 500 brands on digital strategy, strategic investment, partnership, and activation strategies across the world of sports and entertainment.
Are you looking to play a major role in leading all aspects of the digital marketing practice? Have you been described as a business leader, futurist, builder, and operator? Your leadership will help teams build insightful and hard-working marketing and sponsorship strategies across digital, experiential, and traditional advertising channels.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead the digital strategy business at Octagon, bringing our full suite of capabilities and services, including digital media, influencer campaigns and social content and amplification to top global brands.
- Build demand for strategic work by demonstrating its impact both internally and externally.
- Influence some of the world’s most exciting sports marketing sponsorships across all major sports leagues: NFL, NBA, MLB, Olympics, FIFA World Cup, global soccer leagues, as well as E-Sports and gaming.
- Own responsibility for the P&L for the business including management of finances, staffing budgets, financial tracking, scoping, contract negotiation, SOW writing, and legal review.
- Lead a growing team of strategists, analysts, and consultants; working to hire, develop and support talent.
- Apply innovative research and listening methodologies to create relevant, breakthrough insights
- A subject matter authority in all things sports marketing and sponsorship strategy and responsible for business divisions and key capabilities including:
- Sponsorship Strategy
- Measurement & ROI
- Digital Marketing: Influencer Marketing, Paid & Organic Media
- Sports business transformation consulting
- A key member of the new business team, you will be integral to new business pitches including supplying winning solutions and delivering them to prospective clients.
- Provide thought leadership and POVs including whitepapers, custom research, speaking opportunities
- You’ll be growing the domestic and global business while enhancing our capabilities with new products and offerings.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 15+ years of demonstrated ability in analytics, digital or creative strategy in a brand, technology, media, or agency environment
- Deep expertise and passion for sports marketing and/or media. Ideally, you'll bring at least 5 years of shown excellence in sports marketing from an agency, league or brand perspective
- Forward-thinking with demonstrated experience in building analytics products and toolsets via data science, web/application development, API integration, and data visualization
- Proficiency in marketing channel strategy, social/digital strategy, experience strategy, and creative strategy
- Experience driving direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams
- Extraordinarily strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate sophisticated strategies into digestible and interesting content
- Comfortable and experienced leading remote teams across multiple time zones
- A consistent track record for encouraging a positive work environment with active leadership in diversity, inclusivity, and belonging
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.