Account Trainee, Payment Services Client, Event Hospitality
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Payment Services Client, Event Hospitality
This is a position within the Octagon Marketing Trainee Program. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the sponsorship activation programs for a client’s “Priceless Experiences,” hospitality programs and North America B2B events. Potential responsibilities include managing administrative documents, pre/post-event planning, local market/on-site activation, and event recaps.
The right candidate will be able to work independently, as part of a team and will work closely with the internal team, divisions, clients and vendors. This position offers a unique opportunity to learn account management, event planning, sponsorships, program logistics, and event activation skills! Teamwork, excellent organizational and time management skills, willingness to learn, attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and flexibility are required for this position.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support account team across multiple programs
- Assist with financial tracking and financial program maintenance
- Assist with vendor management, premium procurement, and property research
- Support teammates with planning and on-site execution of event marketing programs
- Prepare pre/post-event materials on select programs
- Manage documents such as status reports, inventory tracking documents, and meeting notes
- Assist with the program planning by understanding the finance model and the internal payment process
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation and conduct research as requested
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed to support on-site events
- Assist with in-office administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s Degree with 0-1 years of relevant internship/work experience
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Strong self-starter with excellent team dynamics
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” positive mindset
- Superior organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Team mentality and ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people and cultures
- Language skills are a plus
- Valid passport
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.