Account Director, Hospitality (Luxury Auto Client)
THE JOB / Account Director, Hospitality (Luxury Auto Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Reporting into the Group Director leading all aspects of hospitality for the luxury automotive client, this role provides you with the opportunity and autonomy to basically run your own events! You'll lead and mentor a team of specialists across the client's hospitality and global hosting programs including travel, sports, entertainment, culinary, and lifestyle.
As the head of this team, you play point related to the development of high-end hosting programs, activations, and experiential strategies! Your creative thinking for new destinations and never-before-received amenities or excursions will set you apart from other candidates.
We cultivate an environment open to new ways of working and strive for creativity and diversity of thought.
The work you’ll do
- Source, develop, and complete global hospitality programs
- Be responsible for the design and production of outstanding and once in a lifetime experiences
- Own and cultivate client relationships across the luxury automotive clients business
- Build presentations to communicate details of proposed events, hosting, and experiences to existing and prospective clients for sell-in
- Collaborate with other team leads on staffing, resources, and solving problems
- Love to travel? Weekend and Holiday event work are part of the package
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
A collaborator and the consummate teammate with a track record of success working closely with your client partners to achieve their objectives through event, hospitality, and experiential marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 7+ years experience in related field; experiential marketing and/or corporate hospitality (consumer and B2B)
- Ideal, but not required a specialty in global travel/lifestyle/golf/high-end hospitality (luxury brand, high-end hotels)
- A respected leader and coach who inspires, motivates, mentors and strengthens a team
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Able to envision and produce extraordinary custom experiences for clients
- Have a validated ability to work with operational partners and vendors to implement a multitude of projects
- Known as an effective presenter and can be an ambassador of Octagon’s brand and business
- Know how to develop and own a budget and can discuss fiscal matters with ease to any audience: clients, finance, your team
- Can put a presentation together, are effective at customizing your writing to your audience, and can deliver the pitch when you are in the room
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” demeanor to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to travel as required
- A valid passport as international travel will be required
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.