Account Executive, Health & Wellness (Payment Services Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive, Health & Wellness (Payment Services Client)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Do you love events and creating experiences? Do you have a passion for running, mental wellbeing, and endurance sports? Do you want to see what it’s like behind the scenes of one of the world’s most iconic endurance races? If you said yes to any of the above, this may be your next big move!
Octagon is looking for an Account Executive to join our team to support a major payment services client and their Health & Wellness sponsorship platform. As an Account Executive, you will be part of a team responsible for the planning, onsite execution, and activation of all client events and promotions on an ongoing basis. In this position, you will collaborate with Octagon’s internal client divisions along with our client partner’s vendors, agencies, and cardholders. Additionally, this role offers a unique opportunity to learn strategic operations and develop an understanding of the client’s consumer marketing programming.
The Account Executive will come in with an understanding that no detail is too small and it’s all about providing a flawless delivery for our client – a task that often requires in the moment problem solving, unsurpassed communication skills, strong time management, and the ability to effectively prioritize. If you are looking to join a well-established agency that provides you with exciting work, a culture of support and respect, and you want the opportunity to grow, this could be your next role.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and a great communicator. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, a self-starter, and is comfortable taking the lead and voicing their opinions and ideas. If you are looking for a mix of sponsorship and event planning experience, this position is for you!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Act as day-to-day contact for key clients
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, vendors, venue operators, and partners
- Deliver unique, custom event solutions to key program partners, internally and externally, on a regular basis
- Maintain and seek creative ways to enhance partner relationships, as well as vendors and properties
- Improve the value of the sponsorship assets and programs
- Manage approvals of sponsorship branding and messaging onsite and in digital collateral
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously, managing smaller-scale turn-key event experiences and supporting large scale custom event experiences
- Own finance paperwork and documentation (Creation of POs, job codes and adding new clients as vendors into our systems)
- Develop post event wrap-up emails and decks to clients directly following events and compile end of year recaps
- Attend events while serving as a main point of contact for vendors, guests, client and partners
- Handle weekly updates and action steps across main sponsorship property
- Handle digital experiences, content management, and approvals across verticals and ambassadors supported
- Be responsible for the tracking of requests and utilization of contractual assets across sponsorship property and ambassador
- Create and project run multiple experiences across platforms, showing superior attention to detail and client management skills
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
We take pride in being Playmakers – finding insightful, bold ways to create play in our work, our lives, and in the world. We believe in the power of play to create big ideas and unlock potential for our clients and talent.
We can put ourselves in the shoes of fans because we ARE fans – of sports, entertainment, and culture at large. This expertise allows us to continually evolve the fan experience across sports and entertainment alongside some of the biggest brands and talent in the world.
The world needs play more than ever. Are you a Playmaker?
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A fan or expert of the health and wellness space with a passion for collaboration and a love for New York City
- 1+ year(s) agency/client service experience and/or marketing experience
- A standout colleague who loves to share their opinion and solve problems but can also work independently
- An outgoing person who can help maintain relationships with key partners (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work, while adhering to strict timelines (ex: reporting documents, client facing decks, budgets)
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Willingness to work long hours and travel on weekends/holidays as needed
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
This position pays $40,000, is overtime-eligible and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
Octagon’s comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Unlimited PTO policy – we understand you need time for play!
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans with FSA/HSA and Dependent Care FSA options. Pet Insurance for those who need it too!
- Generous Family and Parental Leave Policy (12 weeks) with eligibility extended to all parents regardless of gender or primary/secondary caregiver status
- Access to our parent company (IPG) Savings plan (401K program) with company match as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Pretax Transportation/Commuter Benefits and Parent Travel Program
- Dedicated Mental Health resources including Headspace membership, Employee Assistance Program (CCA) and more
- Discount portal for everyday goods and services
- Employee Resource Groups and inclusive diversity programming and initiatives
- Personal Development programs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.